Competition Closing Date: 16-JUL-2018
From: JPSU Det EDMONTON
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - JPSU Det EDMONTON - PO BOX 10500 STN FORCES, EDMONTON, AB, T5J 4J5, CA (Actual Employment Location: EDMONTON, AB)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- JPSU Det EDMONTON has a Class B Temporary for a Cpl/Cpl MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 26-MAR-2018 until 31-MAR-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Cpl/Cpl
CPL/LS. PTE(T)/AB ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO CPL/LS, AND MCPL/MS WHO ARE WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK CAN APPLY BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED CPL/LS IS AVAILABLE. ALSO PTE/AB NOT QUALIFIED FOR PROMOTION WILL BE CONSIDERED IF NO INDIVIDUAL FROM THE AFOREMENTIONED RANKS ARE FOUND SUITABLE FOR EMPLOYMENT.
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Reliability Status
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. POSSESS CURRENT DDC, SBC, DND PERMIT CLASS A1 WITH W RATING FOR VEHICLE WITH WHEELCHAIR ACCESSABILITY AND BE FAMILIAR IN MANAGING/CONTROLLING ASSIGNED DND TRANSPORT VEHICLE(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH BASE/WING/AREA SUPPORT UNIT TRANSPORT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES. APPLICANTS WITHOUT THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE PREPARED TO OBTAIN THEM FROM LOCAL SUPPORT UNITS.
B. PERFORM ROUTINE OPERATOR MAINTENANCE AND FAULT REPORTING OF DEFECTS TO THE APPLICABLE VEHICLE SERVICING SECTION.
C. EXPERIENCE IN OPERATING AND MAINTAINING DND VEHICLES
D. SOME KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE IN THE USE OF MS OFFICE PRODUCTS WITH SOME OFFICE ADMINISTRATION AND RECEPTION EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED AN ASSET.
E. SOME KNOWLEDGE OF CASUALTY SUPPORT MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS
F. SOME EXPERIENCE PROVIDING SUPPORT TO INJURED OR ILL.
G. GOOD VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
H. GOOD PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITIES AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
I. GOOD INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Basic description of duties: A. UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE APPROPRIATE IPSC PL WO AND AS REQUIRED, BE PREPARED TO SAFELY TRANSPORT THE ILL AND INJURED TO AND FROM SCHEDULED MEDICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE APPOINTMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH "BARRIER FREE TRANSPORT VEHICLE" SAFETY REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES. ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH DND TRANSPORT GUIDELINES IN THE EVENT OF A COLLISION, INCLUDING IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED TO PREVENT FURTHER INJURY/DAMAGE, NOTIFICATIONS OF ALL AUTHORITIES, CARE OF INJURED, SECURITY OF VEHICLE AND CONTENTS AND COMPLETION OF COLLISION REPORT FORMS. BE AVAILABLE AS THE TRANSPORTATION FOCAL POINT COORDINATOR FOR THE VARIOUS SERVICE PROVIDERS WITHIN THE IPSC IN RESPONDING/SCHEDULING TRANSPORT REQUESTS. MAINTAIN A LOG OF ALL OFFICIAL USES OF THE BARRIER FREE TRANSPORT VEHICLE.
B. AS REQUIRED, BE PREPARED TO SAFELY TRANSPORT THE ILL AND INJURED TO SCHEDULED MEDICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE APPOINTMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH "BARRIER FREE TRANSPORT VEHICLE" SAFETY REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES.
C. ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH DND TRANSPORT GUIDELINES IN THE EVENT OF A COLLISION, INCLUDING IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED TO PREVENT FURTHER INJURY/DAMAGE, NOTIFICATIONS OF ALL AUTHORITIES, CARE OF INJURED, SECURITY OF VEHICLE AND CONTENTS AND COMPLETION OF COLLISION REPORT FORMS.
D. BE AVAILABLE AS THE TRANSPORTATION FOCAL POINT COORDINATOR FOR THE VARIOUS SERVICE PROVIDERS WITHIN THE IPSC IN RESPONDING/SCHEDULING TRANSPORT REQUESTS.
E. MAINTAIN A LOG OF ALL OFFICIAL USES OF THE BARRIER FREE TRANSPORT VEHICLE.
F. ASSIST WITH OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES AS REQUIRED
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Garand , Daniel
- Position: 339701 - SO ADMIN/SO ADMIN
- Phone: 780-973-4011 x4790
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED :
PERS RESUME OUTLINING SUITABILITY FOR POSN AND THREE PERSONAL REFERENCES WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, PREFERABLY FORMER OR CURRENT EMPLOYERS/SUPERVISORS
LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE