Competition Closing Date: 26-JUL-2018
From: RPOU (West)
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - RPOU (West) - PO BOX 10500 STN FORCES, EDMONTON, AB, T5J 4J5, CA (Actual Employment Location: Edmonton)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- RPOU (West) has a Class B Permanent for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 23-APR-2018 until 22-APR-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
One rank lower/higher may apply. Maj would be required to relinquish rank for
duration of emp., however they will only be considered if no suitable Capt is found.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Staff Officer experience
HQ experience an asset.
Familiar with MS Office (Word. Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc)
- Basic description of duties: Armoury Plans Recap RPOU (W) Edmonton is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of day-to-day assigned
tasks within the Armoury Plans Section. Specific responsibilities include the following:
a. Coordinate the preparation of, or personally complete, business cases, statements of requirements, and other studies as
directed by CO RPOU (W) Edmonton.
b. Assist with the duties of Project Director and/or Project Manager, as required, for 3rd Canadian Division (3 Cdn Div)
controlled projects (i.e., projects less than $5 million).
c. Coordinate with Department of National Defence (DND) Special Operating Agencies and other Federal government
agencies on realty projects and issues to include Defence Construction Canada (DCC), Canadian Forces Personnel
Support Agency (CFPSA), Canadian Forces Housing Agency (CFHA), and Canadian Lands Corporation (CLC).
d. Assist in the coordination of the development of Master Realty Asset Development Plans (MRADP) within 3 Cdn Div, including incorporating input on Range and Training Area (RTA) development provided by Range and Training Area Management Systems Officer (RTAMS O), and ensure that new construction projects support these plans.
e. Coordinate with 38, 39 and 41 Brigades to develop an Armoury Infrastructure
f. Participate in Staff Assistance Visits (SAVs) and Staff Inspection Visits (SIVs).
g. Maintain a Skilled level of knowledge of all regulations, orders and directives applicable to the completion of primary and
h. Participate in Unit-level activities (fitness, soldier skills, etc).
i. Be prepared to deploy on short notice in support of domestic operations or exercises.
j. Understand, follow and promote the principles and obligations stated in the Statement of Defence Ethics.
k. When delegated financial authority in accordance with Defence Administrative Order and Directive (DAOD) 1016-0
Expenditure Management, exercise the delegated financial authority correctly and properly when necessary for the proper
completion of primary and secondary duties. Do not enter into any Contract or other financial commitment without the
properly delegated financial authority.
l. Complete other tasks as assigned by the chain of command.
Develop and deliver briefings to CO and 3 Div Comd in regards to infrastructure issues relating to 3 Cdn Div.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: YES
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member may live in service accommodation.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear
all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No
travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Knapik , Robert
- Position: 054088 - CO/CO
- Phone: 780-973-4011 x8043
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Adv open to all commands within the local Edmonton geographical area. Possibility of extension up to 6 yrs.