Competition Closing Date: 19-JUL-2018
From: CFSU (Ottawa)
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CFSU (Ottawa) - MGEN GEORGE R. PEARKES BLDG 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: Willam Hall VC Food Services Facility, 4 Snider Road, Nepean ON K2K 2W6)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CFSU (Ottawa) has a Class B Permanent for a MWO/MWO MOS ID/Occupation 00164-06-COOK to commence on 01-MAY-2018 until 30-APR-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MWO/MWO
WO eligible for promotion and CWO willing to relinquish their rank can apply but will only be considered if no qualified MWO are found. WO not eligible for promotion may also apply but will only be considered if no promotable WO or substantive MWO is found
- MOS ID: 00164-06-COOK
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. Contracting Direct with Trade 
2. Green Procurement -CSPS online [C215 E]
3. Phoenix Self-Service Mil Mgrs 
4. HR-to-Pay Stabilization-Mgrs 
5. Managing Civ HR/On-line 
6. Performance Management - CSPS [G140E]
7. Evaluating Performance Smartly 
8. Staffing for Managers /On-line 
9. Staffing Sub-Delegation 
- Competency (Qualifications):
- 1. EXPENDITURE MANAGEMENT COURSE [AJNU]
- Unit Qualifications:
- 1. Operation Honour Briefing
2. Operation Honour Bystander Intervention Training Cascade
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: Candidate must be extremely knowledgeable on all matters concerning the provision of food services (Food Svcs) within the National Capital Region.
The role of Food Svcs Manager is to provide the means for efficient and effective Food Svcs support to Connaught Range and lodger Units. The Food Svcs Manager performs this role by enforcing policy, national standards, monitoring performance, and providing specialist advice on Food Svcs matters to his/her COC. The Food Svc Manager is responsible for all matters concerning military and civilian Food Svcs personnel, including occupational training and employment. This position must promulgate, validate and advise his/her COC on Food Service standards, costs, nutrition, and procurement while providing direction on the financial management of Food services operation in accordance with CRPTC business plan. Is responsible for the coordination relating to hiring of Food Services Personnel. Interview prospective civilian cooks (GSFOS05) and kitchen helpers (GSFOS02) for both low and peak feed commitments. Must institute controls against waste, pilferage and damage to all Food or material under Food Svc Jurisdiction. Liaise with Lodger Units and /or other Government agencies in the coordination of food service requirements.
Specifically the applicant should demonstarte expereince in managing 1000 man Kitchen, Unitrak Budget Management, Civilian Staff and in particular eStaffing. They should also be familair with relvant collective agreements, the Pheoenix Pay System, the Labor Relations processes. As well the Food Services Manager is responsible for the oversight and operation of the Point of Sale Terminal and WebSCPS for Enhanced Reliabilty Checks for the Staffing of Food Service workers.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Schmidt-Clever , Justin
- Position: 081812 - D COMD CRPTC/LOG OFFR/D COMD CRPTC/LOG OFFR
- Phone: 613-998-4838
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Provide three personal references