Competition Closing Date: 27-JUL-2018
From: RPOU (Ontario)
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - RPOU (Ontario) - THE LCOL GEORGE TAYLOR DENISON III ARMOURY 1 YUKON LANE, TORONTO, ON, M3K 0A1, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- RPOU (Ontario) has a Class B Temporary for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 00002-01-Officer, or 90024-GSO to commence on 20-AUG-2018 until 16-AUG-2019. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
MAJ. LCOL WILLING TO RELINQUISH, CAPT QUALIFIED FOR PROMOTION TO MAJ MAY APPLY BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED SHOULD NO MAJ APPLY AND BE FOUND SUITABLE. CAPT NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR UNDER-RANKING.
- MOS ID: 00002-01-Officer, or 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Reliability Status
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- Staff Officer experience
HQ experience an asset
Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc)
Experience with Reserve Force employment in Regular Force units
Experience with Reserve Force administration
Must have strong verbal and written communications skills
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: Accurate and timely completion of day to day assigned tasks within the Regional HQ
Prepares, drafts, reviews and edits various correspondence on behalf of DCO or CO and the management team (incl SIR and CASREP as necessary)
Coord and staffing of all investigations (SI, UDI and harassment).
Coord and staffing of all Pers Svcs Grievances and Admin Reviews (incl MELs) and JPSU postings
Coord and monitor all CFPAS/PMA reports and returns, Gp Admin Tracker
Coord the branch Annual Historical Report
Coord and monitor Regional HQ Ethics activities
Process admin and disciplinary measures on behalf of CO/DCO
Monitor posting in/out activities
Provide sound advice in matters of Designated Assistant WRT cas admin, Attend Offr and Assisting Officer duties
Coord and produce pers for GDFO on behalf of Regional HQ
Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Hallett , Johnathan
- Position: R99988160 - RECEIPT/ARRIVÉE
- Phone: 416-482-6800
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Travel may be required. Position location is in the GTA Toronto; however, candidates who are prepared to telework (with reliable internet connection and means to travel to Dennison Armoury/ Tor) who reside within GTA will also be considered.