Competition Closing Date: 12-FEB-2018
From: CFRG HQ
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - CFRG HQ - PO BOX 1000 STN MAIN, BORDEN, ON, L0M 1C0, CA (Actual Employment Location: CFB BORDEN)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CFRG HQ has a Class B Temporary for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 11-FEB-2018 until 07-JAN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
MAJ/LCDR. MBRS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO MAJ/LCDR AND LCOL/CDR WHO ARE WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK CAN APPLY BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED MAJ/LCDR IS AVAILABLE
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- (1) HIGHLY MOTIVATED TO WORK IN RECRUITING
(2) IN POSSESSION OF VALID PROVINCIAL DRIVER PERMIT AND ABLE TO OBTAIN A DND 404
(3) APPEARANCE, DRESS, PHYSICAL FITNESS AND ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY REFLECT FAVOURABLY ON CANADIAN FORCES
(4) WORK IRREGULAR HOURS - WEEKENDS AND EVENINGS
(5) MUST BE ABLE TO LISTEN, TALK AND RELATE TO YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS
(6) BE PROACTIVE IN THE BUILDING AND SUSTAINING OF RELATIONSHIPS WITH CANADAS ABORIGINAL PEOPLES, VISIBLE MINORITIES, FIRST GENERATION CANADIANS AND WOMENS GROUPS
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. KNOWLEDGE OF THE CF RECRUITING STRATEGY AND OF THE MILITARY PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONAL PLANNING GUIDANCE
B. KNOWLEDGE OF THE CF RECRUITING OPERATIONS
C. EXPERIENCE WITH THE PROCUREMENT OF SERVICES, TO INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BOOTH, EQUIPMENT AND CONFERENCE ROOM RENTAL
D. EXPERIENCE IN THE ORGANIZATION OF LARGE SCALE EVENTS INVOLVING MORE THAN 100 PARTICIPANTS
E. EXPERIENCE IN THE USE OF THE MICROSOFT OFFICE SUITE
F. EXPERIENCE IN MANAGING, MENTORING AND SUPERVISING MIL AND CIV PERS
- Basic description of duties: A. Lead the Recruiter Support, Specialist Recruiters' and Employment Equity teams.
B. Maintain, create, and develop work instructions as required.
C. Be available to answer/support general questions and provide information to all stakeholders.
D. Provide proactive advice/counsel on all matters relating to or affecting Recruiting Services personnel.
E. Liaise with other CFRG HQ Section Leaders to ascertain the specifics of their job to better identify and resolve Recruiting Services issues.
F. Apply correct solutions to alleviate stakeholder concerns and deescalate issues.
G. Seek the correct information from stakeholders and apply it to the problem at hand.
H. Other duties as assigned.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Mainguy , Daniel
- Position: 280831 - SSO ATTRACTION AND CRM/SSO ATTRACTION AND CRM
- Phone: 270-3136
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: MUST BE ABLE TO MEET THE CRITERIA AS IDENTIFIED IN CANADIAN FORCES RECRUITING DIRECTIVE 09-06 PARAGRAPH 4(C) SELECTION OF RECRUITING PERSONNEL.
APPLICANTS ARE TO INCLUDE A RESUME WITH A MINIMUM OF A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER AND / OR E-MAIL ADDRESS, INCLUDE REFERENCES WITH A MINIMUM OF A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER AND CONFIRMATION THAT A VALID PROVINCIAL DRIVER S LICENSE IS HELD.
POSSIBILITY OF 3 YEARS EXTENSION