Competition Closing Date: 26-JAN-2018
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - JPSU - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- JPSU has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 22-JAN-2018 until 21-JAN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
CAPT/LT(N) MAY APPLY IF QUALIFIED FOR PROMOTION TO MAJ/LCDR. LCOL/CDR MAY APPLY IF WILLING TO RELINQUISH RANK BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED MAJ/LCDR IS AVAILABLE
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. KNOWLEDGE OF POLICIES AND PROCEDURES GOVERNING ADMIN PROCESSES.
B. EXPERIENCE IN PREPARING, REVIEWING AND STAFFING CORRESPONDANCE FOR SENIOR PERSONNEL
C. SKILLED AT CREATING POSITIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS WITH KEY STAKHOLDERS
D. WILLINGNESS TO SELF-ACQUIRE SME LEVEL KNOWLEDGE OF CORPORATE ISSUES AT HAND
E. INITIATIVE, ATTENTION TO DETAILS
F. STRONG ANALYTICAL AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
G. DEDICATION AND DESIRE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT OF THE ORGANISATION
H. ABLE TO MANAGE COMPETING PRIORITIES AND LAST MINUTE TASKS
- Basic description of duties: A. COORD, REVIEW, AND PREPARE ANSWERS RELATED TO MINISTERIAL INQUIRIES, ACCESS TO INFORMATION REQUESTS, AND PRIVACY REQUESTS.
B. COORD, REVIEW AND PREPARE REMITS FOR CORPORATE REPORTS AND RETURNS.
C. DRAFT, REVIEW AND STAFF HIGH LEVEL CORRESPONDENCE (BRIEFING NOTES, PROJECTS, PLANS, STRATEGIC REPORTS). LIAISE WITH KEY DIRECTORATES TO SOLVE PROBLEMATIC ISSUES.
D. OCCASIONALLY PROVIDE BRIEFINGS TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL AUDIENCES.
E. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY THE CHAIN OF COMMAND
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Grand'Maison , Julie
- Position: 231569 - DEPUTY COMD OFFICER/DEPUTY COMD OFFICER
- Phone: 613-943-5203
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: THIS POSITION IS DIRECTLY SUPPORTING SSE ACTIVITIES. A REQUEST FOR ANNUITANT EXCEPTIONS WOULD BE CONSIDERED ON PAR TO A MEASURABLE OPERATIONAL IMPACT, IF THE POSITION IS LEFT UNFILLED.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED :
PERS RESUME OUTLINING SUITABILITY FOR POSN AND THREE PERSONAL REFERENCES WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, PREFERABLY FORMER OR CURRENT EMPLOYERS/SUPERVISORS
LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE