Competition Closing Date: 31-JUL-2018
From: CFRC HALIFAX HQ & DET
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - CFRC HALIFAX HQ & DET - MUMFORD PROFESSIONAL CENTRE 6960 MUMFORD ROAD SUITE 130, HALIFAX, NS, B3L 4P1, CA (Actual Employment Location: MUMFORD PROFESSIONAL CENTRE 6960 MUMFORD ROAD SUITE 130, HALIFAX, NS)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CFRC HALIFAX HQ & DET has a Class B Temporary for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 00002-01-Officer, or 90024-GSO to commence on 02-APR-2018 until 04-AUG-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
CAPT/LT(N). LT/SLT ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION AND MAJ/LCDR WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK CAN APPLY BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED CAPT/LT(N) ARE FOUND. LT/SLT NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION MAY ALSO APPLY BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO PROMOTABLE LT/SLT, SUBSTANTIVE CAPT/LT(N) OR MAJ/LCDR WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK IS FOUND.
- MOS ID: 00002-01-Officer, or 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- (1) HIGHLY MOTIVATED TO WORK IN RECRUITING
(2) IN POSSESSION OF VALID PROVINCIAL DRIVER PERMIT AND ABLE TO OBTAIN A DND 404
(3) APPEARANCE, DRESS, PHYSICAL FITNESS AND ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY
REFLECT FAVOURABLY ON CANADIAN FORCES
(4) WORK IRREGULAR HOURS - WEEKENDS AND EVENINGS
(5) MUST BE ABLE TO LISTEN, TALK AND RELATE TO YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS
(6) BE PROACTIVE IN THE BUILDING AND SUSTAINING OF RELATIONSHIPS WITH CANADA'S ABORIGINAL PEOPLES, VISIBLE MINORITIES, FIRST GENERATION CANADIANS AND WOMEN'S GROUPS
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: A. DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT ATTRACTION PLAN FOR AOR
B. LIAISE WITH SNR RECRUITERS IN DETACHMENTS AND HIGHER HQ
C. OVERSEE ATTRACTION ACTIVITES INPUT INTO AIMS
D. PREPARE ATTRACTION ACTIVITY CONTRACTS
E. SEEK NEW AND UNIQUE OPPORTUNITIES FOR CFRC ATTRACTION ACTIVITIES
F. SUPERVISE ATTRACTION NCM
G. DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE FOR RECRUITING THE MAIN SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Sgt Dietzel , Ryan
- Position: 014491 - CHIEF CLERK/CHIEF CLERK
- Phone: 902/721-0447
- Email: Ryan.Dietzel2@forces.gc.ca
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: APPLICANTS ARE TO INCLUDE A RESUME WITH A MINIMUM OF A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER AND / OR E-MAIL ADDRESS, INCLUDE REFERENCES WITH A MINIMUM OF A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER AND CONFIRMATION THAT A VALID PROVINCIAL DRIVER S LICENSE IS HELD.
MEMBER MUST IDENTIFY IF ANNUITANT DURING INTERVIEW PROCESS
TRAINING FAILURE OR LACK OF COMPLETION OF MILITARY CAREER COUNSELORS (MITE AHCK) DISTANCE LEARNING, RESIDENTIAL OR ON-THE-JOB TRAINING PACKAGES WILL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE CEASATION OF CLASS B SERVICE UPON RETURN TO THE RESERVE FORCE MEMBERS HOME UNIT.