Competition Closing Date: 05-JAN-2018
From: CFB Greenwood
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - CFB Greenwood - PO BOX 5000 STN MAIN, GREENWOOD, NS, B0P 1N0, CA (Actual Employment Location: TIS)
A. CHIEF MILITARY PERSONNEL (CMP) INSTR 20/04, ADMIN POLICY OF CL A, B AND C RES SVC
B. CFAO 49-5 - CAREER POLICY NON COMISSIONED MEMBERS - PRIMARY RESERVE
C. CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM (CFIRP), ADDENDUM 9, CHAPTER 13
D. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-15, AIR RESERVE EMPLOYMENT SELECTION PROCESSES
E. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-17, PROMOTION POLICY - AIR RESERVE
F. DAOD 5023-2 PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM
G. CANFORGEN 018/08 ADM FIN CS 001/08 232003Z JAN 08 - COMPONENT TRANSFER - EFFECT ON CFSA PENSION BENEFIT ENTITLEMENT
H. A-MD-154-000/FP-000 ANNEX 3 APPENDIX 1
I. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z APR 12
J. C AIR FORCE 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z APR 12
- CFB Greenwood has a Class B Temporary for a Cpl/Cpl MOS ID/Occupation 00109-01-ATIS TECH, or 00362-01-ACISS to commence on 11-FEB-2018 until 09-OCT-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Cpl/Cpl
APPLICANTS, WHO ARE ONE RANK LOWER / HIGHER MAY APPLY, HOWEVER WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IN THOSE EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE NO OTHER QUALIFIED CANDIDATE IS AVAILABLE. IF ONE RANK HIGHER IS THE ONLY SUITABLE APPLICANT, MBR WILL BE REQUIRED TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK FOR THE PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT
- MOS ID: 00109-01-ATIS TECH, or 00362-01-ACISS
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- 1. ATIS QL5 qualified
2. PAR, ILS, and/or TACAN qualification preferred, but not necessary
- Competency Remarks:
- 1. Knowledge of airfield landing aids
2. Knowledge of protocols in event of equipment failure
3. Comfortable liaising with ATC personnel to resolve known equipment issues/failures
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Communication and organizational skills
B. Working knowledge of airfield procedures
C. Supply ordering and procurement as required
- Basic description of duties: Primarily, the NavAids tech is responsible for ensuring the serviceability of IFRCC NavAids equipment (ASR, SSR) is maintained in order to keep 14Wing airfield operational. NavAids Tech is responsible for all corrective and preventive maintenance associated with his/her AOR, all supply documents are completed correctly as well as any administration reqr in the day to day operations of all landing aids equipment. NavAids Tech is also responsible to assist the Comms Tech and Landing Aids Tech. A cohesive team is formed by all three airfield section to maintain an operational status of all IFRCC and airfield equipment. The NavAids tech will also be responsible for secondary duties as assigned by RCS and/or NCO IC NavAids. For specific information regarding duties, expectations and obligations, please contact WO Neate, 14 Wing Airfield Supervisor
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Richard , Corey
- Position: 003410 - 14 OSS TELECOM FLT D/OC/14 OSS TELECOM FLT D/OC
- Phone: 568-6026
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Applicants in the geographical area of the employing unit will be given priority.
MPRR/Resume/Cover Letter to be provided with application in REO
Selection will be IAW ACO's 5006-15 / 5006-17