Competition Closing Date: 29-JAN-2018
From: CFB Gander Det Torbay
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CFB Gander Det Torbay - PO BOX 2028 STN C, ST JOHN S, NL, A1C 6B5, CA (Actual Employment Location: CFS St John's)
A. CHIEF MILITARY PERSONNEL (CMP) INSTR 20/04, ADMIN POLICY OF CL A, B AND C RES SVC
B. CFAO 49-5 - CAREER POLICY NON COMISSIONED MEMBERS - PRIMARY RESERVE
C. CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM (CFIRP), ADDENDUM 9, CHAPTER 13
D. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-15, AIR RESERVE EMPLOYMENT SELECTION PROCESSES
E. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-17, PROMOTION - AIR RESERVE
F. DAOD 5023-2 PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM
G. CANFORGEN 018/08 ADM FIN CS 001/08 232003Z JAN 08 - COMPONENT TRANSFER - EFFECT ON CFSA PENSION BENEFIT ENTITLEMENT
H. A-MD-154-000/FP-000 ANNEX 3 APPENDIX 1
I. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z APR 12
J. C AIR FORCE 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z APR 12
- CFB Gander Det Torbay has a Class A for a Cpl/Cpl MOS ID/Occupation 90005-AIR TECH to commence on 01-MAR-2018 until 31-MAR-2038. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Cpl/Cpl
- MOS ID: 90005-AIR TECH
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: A. Utilizing AF9000+ Quality control techniques and activities
B. Perform flight line duties, ie Marshalling, towing, install and remove power, load, off load, etc.
C. Maintain AMSE equipment
D. General Hanger Flight Line duties as directed
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: WO Fillatre , Hayward
- Position: 077016 - RECRUITING & TRAINING WO/RECRUITING & TRAINING WO
- Phone: 709-733-3811
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15 and the following prioritization shall be used:
A. Air Reservists Air DEU Pres and Air DEU Reg Force pers at the substantive rank of the position; air reservists and air DEU pres pers one rank below the rank of the position who are eligible for immediate promotion,
B. Reg Force Pers, other PRes pers, members of the (COATS), Canadian Rangers (CR) and Supplementary Reserve (Supp Res) at the substantive rank of the position willing to transfer to the Air Reserve and change environmental affiliation if selected,
C. Pres or Reg F pers over-ranked by one rank, willing to permanently relinquish their rank, shall only be considered in those exceptional cases where no qualified category A or B candidate is avail,
D. Civilian applicants, including former CAF members, and
E. Selection through the AFO 5006-15 does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority Interested candidates must fwd a copy of their current MPRR, Personal resume and covering letter describing their quails and experience IAW requirements listed above. Submissions may be made through the reserve employment opportunity (REO) system, via mail, email (preferred) or fax (709) 733-7986 to: WO Hayward Fillatre, 709 733-3811, Air Reserve Flight Torbay, P.O. Box 2028 St. John's, NL A1C 6B5, NLT 30 days from DTG of this message, applications must include the following info if more up to date than the MPRR:
(A). current establishment (quote PeopleSoft unquote) position number parent unit and UIC,
(B). Date of promotion to current rank,
(C). Security clearance level and date,
(D). Forces test completion date or date scheduled to be tested,
(E). Linguistic abilities and, if avail, testing dates,
(F). Confirmation of whether or not mbr is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributed to Reg F or Res F Svc,
(G). Date and category of last medical and any medical employment limitations,
(H). Covering letter describing mbrs quails and experience IAW requirements listed above,
(I). Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc.),
(J). Nominees work and home phone number, and
(K). Min two references.