Competition Closing Date: 15-JAN-2018
From: CANSOFCOM PRL
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CANSOFCOM PRL - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: Garrison Petawawa, Ontario)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CANSOFCOM PRL has a Class B Permanent for a Pte/Cpl MOS ID/Occupation 00003-01-NCM, or 90000-ATR to commence on 01-APR-2018 until 31-MAR-2019. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Pte/Cpl
- MOS ID: 00003-01-NCM, or 90000-ATR
ATR - Any trade
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- (1) Must have valid DND 404s.
(2) Qualified in DRIMIS, with previous Sec 32/34 experience considered an asset.
(3) Previous experience with shipping and receiving, managing of stock, and working in a medical/health services environment considered an asset.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: No (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties:
A. The UMS Storesman is responsible for the ordering, stocking and exchanging of the medications and consumable materials, as well as the maintenance of equipment held within the unit pharmacy. The UMS storesman is responsible to the UMS 2IC.
B. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
(1). Ordering medications, medical consumables, physiotherapy consumables, local purchase orders for consumables not obtainable through BDE pharmacy and research and development items for medical purposes;
(2). Picking up orders at BDE pharmacy and BMC pharmacy;
(3). Disposing of sharps, bio-hazardous material and exchanging O2 tanks at the BMC;
(4). Stocking shelves, black boxes, medicine cabinet, field stores, and maintain tmt rooms and crash cart;
(5). Ensuring no items are past expiry date;
(6). Organizing and tracking the contents of the UMS sea container and Willard.
C. Accountabilities (Lateral): The UMS Storesman is responsible to the SOC PA's through the SOC SOMT for the following lateral accountabilities:
(1). Ensuring operational kit is up to date and nothing is expiring within 60 days;
(2). Pre-packing TCCC kits as needed for SOC medics;
(3). Assisting SOC medics with ordering and resupplying of IDP;
D. Generic Accountabilities. As a member, accountable for:
(1). Being a constant point of contact for outside organizations;
(2). General pharmacy support of CANSOFCOM medical personnel in the local area while on training or course;
(3). Promoting team work and actively participating with team members to promote the organization's mission, vision and policies;
(4). Working effectively and efficiently on assigned tasks.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: MCpl Shaver , Danielle
- Position: R99986448 - RECEIPT/ARRIVÉE
- Phone: 613-687-5511, local 4495
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Potential for 3 year extension after the inital 1 year contract.
B. Questions specific to the employment of reservists within CANSOFCOM may be directed to the Hiring OPI.
C. Please consult the following intranet site and click on the "CANSOFCOM Screening Process" for additional requirements under :
D. You are required to complete the forms included in the screening process (listed below) and include them in your screening file with:
(1) an updated copy of your MPRR;
(2) a copy of your current fitness test results; and
E. Once the file is complete, your unit must then forward your screening file to the hiring CANSOFCOM unit for further processing.
NOTE: Units are NOT to forward PERs files, UERs or Conduct Sheets to the hiring CANSOFCOM Unit.
G. Screening forms:
- CANSOFCOM Application for Service (DND 2984)
(Defence Forms Catalogue (DFC)
- CANSOFCOM Training And Experience Resume,
2 April 2014 (PDF Version, 61 KB)
- Consent for Disclosure of Criminal Information (DND 2789)
(Defence Forms Catalogue (DFC)
- Complete the DND 2789 with your MP section.
Note: Once submitted you will not receive a copy of your CPIC results. These will be forwarded directly to the hiring CANSOFCOM unit.
H. Opportunity for Land Duty Allowance (LDA) and Casual Special Operations Allowance (CSOA) (ref: CBIs 205, section 205.33 & 205.3855 -- http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-benefits/index.page).