Competition Closing Date: 22-FEB-2018
From: CADTC HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CADTC HQ - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, KINGSTON, ON, K7K 7B4, CA (Actual Employment Location: Army Doctrine Centre (ADC), Kingston ON)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CADTC HQ has a Class B Permanent for a MWO/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 01-APR-2018 until 31-MAR-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MWO/Capt
MWO/CPO2 and Maj/LCdr willing to relinquish and Lt/SLt qualified for promotion to Capt/Lt(N) may apply, but will only be considered should no candidate at the Capt/Lt(N) rank apply and be found suitable. Lt/SLt not eligible for promotion may be considered for under-ranking. CWO/CPO1 are not eligible to apply.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Monitor Mass and DRIMIS.
Experience with CAF contracting procedures, financial management and local procurement is highly desirable. Effective organizational skills are also highly desirable.
A. Attend the weekly CADTC HQ Staff Coord meeting.
B. Participate in the weekly ADC Coord meeting.
C. Participate in the monthly CADTC HQ Safety Committee meeting.
D. Participate in the CADTC HQ quarterly Unit Fund Committee meeting.
E. Maintain the ADC Conference room in terms of setup for teleconference and VTC use.
- Basic description of duties: The Army Doctrine Centre (ADC) Coordinator is responsible to the Chief ADC for, primarily, managing the ADC annual budget, coordinating and facilitating the approval process for domestic/international travel (TD) for ADC personnel and general administrative duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND TASKS:
A. Brief the Deputy ADC on the monthly financial reports;
B. Provide a weekly ADC SITREP to the Chief and Deputy of Army Doctrine, to include TD travel approvals/pending approvals for domestic and international travel 30 days out, and any tasks, activities, or visits relevant to ADC;
C. Provide the G8 Branch Comptroller with the quarterly budget expenditure reports, and a forecast of budget requirements for the next fiscal year;
D. Submit applicable TD requests for ADC personnel to the Claims Section for approval and processing;
E. Conduct ADC administrative duties to include PER preparation and completion of the Annual Historical Report;
F. Maintain currency in staff procedures through self-improvement, attending courses, briefings and seminars;
G. Ordering of office supplies and raising Local Purchase Orders (LPO) through the CADTC HQ QM; and
H. Other duties as assigned by the Chief ADC.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: - Funding may be available for cost moves for the successful applicant, however, not guaranteed at this time;
- IR/SE will not be authorized IAW CANFORGEN 145/12 CMP 063/12 301435Z JUL 12; and
- This posn is not 100 % in support of Primary Reserve.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol McNair , John
- Position: 042435 - CHIEF, ARMY DOCTRINE CENTRE/CHIEF, ARMY DOCTRINE CENTRE
- Phone: 271-5948
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Employment preference will be given to suitable candidates who are located within the geographical boundaries for CFB Kingston;
B. Only applicants that pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview. Members selected for an interview will be subjected to a questionnaire which incorporates a weighted-score which is used in order to facilitate objective candidate evaluation; and
C. A cover letter, a résumé/CV with emphasis on skills, and a current HRMS MPRR are to be attached to nomination through REO/Monitor Mass; a cover letter and résumé/CV submitted with application must include any information more current than that displayed on MPRR. Ensure any qualification or training pertinent to this position is also highlighted in accompanying cover letter to ensure the Selection Board receives full disclosure of any valid information.