Competition Closing Date: 26-JAN-2018
From: CJOC HQ
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - CJOC HQ - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 1600 Star Top, Ottawa)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CJOC HQ has a Class B Temporary for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 28-NOV-2017 until 27-NOV-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
LT/SLT MAY BE CONSIDERED ONLY IF CANDIDATES AT THE RANK OF CAPT/LT(N) OR LT/SLT QUALIFIED FOR PROMOTION ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. STAFF EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL, STAFF EXPERIENCE AT THE FORMATION LEVEL OR HIGHER IS DESIRABLE
B. JOINT STAFF EXPERIENCE OR JOINT STAFF OPERATIONS PROGRAMME (JSOP - OSQ AEMZ JOINT - WARFARE INTERMEDIATE) QUALIFIED AN ASSET
C. PROFICIENCY IN WRITTEN COMMUNICATION AND STAFF PROCEDURE IS ESSENTIAL
D. WELL DEVELOPPED COMMUNICATION SKILLS IN ENGLISH ARE ESSENTIAL
- Basic description of duties: A. DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
(1) PROACTIVELY COLLATE RFI REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IOCC
(2) STAFF, TRACK AND MANAGE IOCC RFIS INCLUDING RFI LIST MANAGEMENT
(3) COLLATE AND DISSEMINATE THE RFI ANSWERS TO RELEVANT MEMBERS OF THE IOCC
(4) PROACTIVELY MANAGE THE IOCC CALENDAR, INCLUDING SCHEDULING OFFICE CALLS, MEETINGS AND TELECONFERENCES, ENSURING THE APPROPRIATE IOCC REPRESENTATTIVE ATTENDS BRIEFINGS AND MEETINGS AT THE REQUEST OF CJOC COMMAND STAFF, INCLUDING DE-CONFLICTING IOCC MEETINGS AND EVENTS
(5) ROUTINELY MONITOR THE IOCC GROUP E-MAIL ACCOUNT, ASSIGNING EMAILS TO THE APPROPRAITE MEMBER(S) AND FLAGGING IMPORTANT EMAILS FOR REVIEW
(6) BECOME PROFICIENT IN THE VARIOUS IM TOOLS USED AT CJOC SUCH AS: SHAREPOINT, RDIMS AND CCM-MERCURY
(7) MANAGE, TRACK, AND FACILITATE THE MOVEMENT OF FILES IN TO AND OUT OF THE IOCC
(8) ATTEND AND, IF NECESSARY, SERVE AS SCRIBE AT ALL IOCC COORD MEETINGS
(9) AS REQUIRED, ATTEND J-CODE BRANCH MEETINGS RELEVANT TO THE IOCC TO FACILITATE COORDINATION
(10) AS REQUIRED, COORDINATE ANY ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IOCC
(11) PROVIDE INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (IM) GUIDANCE AND SUPPORT TO IOCC
(12) ESTABLISH AN IM PLAN, INCLUDING IM PRIORITIES, BASED ON THE IOCC'S REQUIREMENTS AND AVAILABLE RESOURCES
(13) THROUGH THE CONSISTENT APPLICATION OF BEST IM PRACTICES, HELP RETAIN CORPORATE KNOWLEDGE IN IM, INCLUDING THE PRODUCTION OF THE IOCCS ANNUAL HISTORICAL REPORT, AND PROVIDE CONTINUITY FOR THE IOCC.
(14) ENSURE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF IM STANDARDS (E.G., FOR METADATA, DATA SCHEMA, AND DATA AND RECORDS MANAGEMENT) AND COMMON PROTOCOLS REGARDING INFORMATION QUALITY AND INTEGRITY, INCLUDING COMPLIANCE WITH DOCUMENTS CONSERVATION CALENDAR AND ARCHIVING DEADLINES
(15) IMPLEMENT IM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND AWARENESS PROGRAMS FOR ALL PERSONNEL WITHIN THE IOCC
(16) PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS DIRECTED
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Porter , Dawn
- Position: 808948 - O&E AND RESERVE STAFFING COORD/O&E AND RESERVE STAFFING COORD
- Phone: 945-2838
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: IF MOVE OF DHG AND E IS NOT CONSIDERED FOR THIS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY,
THIS MEANS THAT THE MEMBER IS RESPONSIBLE TO BEAR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED
WITH MOVING DHG AND E TO THEIR NEW PLACE OF DUTY WHEN THE MEMBER IS NOT
FROM THE LOCAL AREA. NO TRAVEL, RATIONS OR ACCOMMODATION EXPENSES
RELATED TO THE MOVE WILL BE REIMBURSED.
LOCAL AREA APPLICANTS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE
WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION
Please attach the following information:
PERS RESUME OUTLINING SUITABILITY FOR POSN, A COPY OF MPRR AND THREE
PERSONAL REFERENCES WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, PREFERABLY FORMER OR
CURRENT EMPLOYERS / SUPERVISORS
IN ORDER TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE POSN, OPI IS: MAJ ERIK DENEAU, 613-949-3860