Competition Closing Date: 26-JAN-2018
From: 39 CBG HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - 39 CBG HQ - 4050 WEST 4TH AVENUE, VANCOUVER, BC, V6R 1P6, CA (Actual Employment Location: Vancouver, BC)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- 39 CBG HQ has a Class B Permanent for a Lt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 00002-01-Officer to commence on 08-JAN-2018 until 07-JAN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Lt/Capt
One rank over/under may apply however will only be considered under exceptional circumstances where no established rank qualified is found suitable by a Board Report and approved by Div HQ. If a Major is found to be the suitable applicant, member will be required to relinquish rank for the duration of the employment period.
- MOS ID: 00002-01-Officer
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- In possession of valid provincial drivers permit.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. Previous CA P Res recruitment experience is desirable.
b. Highly motivated to work in recruiting
c. FORCE test evaluator course is desirable.
d. Reserve Unit Recuriter Qual is desirable.
e. Canadian Forces Appitude Test Qual is desirable.
f. Reserve Force Interviewer qual is desirable.
Any other type of employment experience than the ones listed above, if linked to CA P Res recruitment, should be brought forth for the selection committee to evaluate its relevance and whether it should be taken into consideration.
- Basic description of duties: The P Res Recruiting Officer (RO) is employed by CBG recruiting cells to complete file processing as coordinated by Reserve Unit Recruiters (RURs) and P Res Recruiting File Managers (FMs). Specifically, they are responsible for administration of the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT), Non Prescription Drug (NPD) form, and Selection Interview protocol to applicants when scheduled.
Primary Duties and Tasks:
a. Administer and score the CFAT using paper and pencil or iCFAT electronic resources as available.
b. Administer the NPD Form and review to determine applicant eligibility.
c. Conduct applicant interviews using the Army Reserve Interview protocol in order to make eligibility and suitability decisions regarding applicant enrolment.
d. Process Personal Data and conduct reference verifications including initiation of CRNC, Credit Check and security pre-assessment using Web SCPS application, telephone, and email.
e. Counsel applicants regarding their CFAT, NPD and Interview results as appropriate.
f. Write selection letters for applicant files and forward to appropriate unit CO.
g. Submit waiver requests as required using appropriate templates to the CBG PSO.
h. Assist in the creation of unit recruiting work instructions and resources.
i. Remain current on Army recruiting policy and selection standards.
j. Assist in administrative activities pertaining to P Res recruiting as required.
k. Co-ordinate attractions.
l. Work irregular hours - weekends and evenings
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Lamb , Donald
- Position: 079617 - G1 SVCS/G1 SVCS
- Phone: 532-2439
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. This opportunity is open National to all commands
B. If mbr is the successful applicant the Offer of Emp/Terms of Svc can be auth to be modified for early or later start & end date. This adv start date is just an approximation.
C. Please attach resume and all other relevant documents via monitor mass.
D. OPI may be contacted directly for additional clarification