Competition Closing Date: 14-NOV-2017
From: C Air Force
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - C Air Force - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 101 Col By Drive)
REFS: A. CHIEF MILITARY PERSONNEL (CMP) INSTR 20/04, ADMIN POLICY OF CL A, B AND C RES SVC
B. CFAO 49-10 OR CFAO 49-11 ENROLLMENT NCMS OR OFFICERS
C. CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM(CFIRP)
D. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-15, AIR RESERVE EMPLOYMENT SELECTION PROCESSES
E. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-17, PROMOTION POLICY AIR RESERVE
F. DAOD 5023-2 PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM
G. CANFORGEN 018/08 ADM FIN CS 001/08 232003Z JAN 08, COMPONENT TRANSFER -EFFECT ON CFSA PENSION ENTITLEMENT
H. A-MD-154-000/FB-00 APPENDIX 1 AND 2, ANNEX E, MEDICAL STANDARDS FOR THE CF
I. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z APR 12, CHANGES TO ADMIN OF ANNUITANTS
J. C AIR FORCE 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z APR 12, REVISED HIRING AND EMPLOY PRACTICES ANNUITANTS
- C Air Force has a Class A for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 08-JAN-2018 until 07-JAN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
(1) This position is established at the rank of Maj.
(2) Applicants eligible for promotion to Maj may be considered if no suitable Maj is available. LCol willing to relinquish their rank will be considered if no eligible Maj is available.
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
(1) Detailed knowledge of Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and Department of National Defence (DND) administrative and personnel support systems and processes;
(2) Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) computer software suite most particularly MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word;
(3) Working knowledge of DND/CAF publication and Intranet policy and procedures;
(4) Familiarity with Intranet and search engines;
(5) Working knowledge of CAF Reserve Force personnel employment and support policies, procedures, systems and processes;
(6) Working knowledge of all aspects of the CAF and Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) in particular;
(7) Good understanding of RCAF force culture, management practices, tools and techniques including project and performance management;
(8) Highly developed analytical ability; and
(9) Highly skilled to work as a member of a team.
- Basic description of duties: DAS Coord 5 functions primarily as the Air Staff (AS) Information Management Officer (IMO). As such, he/she is responsible for ensuring that the AS Information Management (IM) / Information Technology (IT) requirements are developed, coordinated and communicated to all AS personnel. The AS IMO will be critical in shaping the AS IM/IT requirements in support of the move to Carling Campus and the introduction of Workspace 2.0 environment. DAS Coord 5 also assists DAS Coord in the management of the AS coordination and assignment functions. As required, the DAS Coord 5 acts as Assistant Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), and backfills for the DAS Coord 3 which includes, but is not limited to Deputy DAD Coord, Business Continuity Planning (BCP), CAF Appreciation, and Security Liaison Officer (SLO).
Applicants may obtain further amplification/details of the position found on the terms of accountabilty (TOA) from OPI listed in para 7 or by contacting LCol JR Clow (613-945-1206)
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: WO Ramsbottom , Randy
- Position: 080163 - AR FLT OTT RECRUITER/AR FLT OTT RECRUITER
- Phone: 613-995-3111
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. THIS EMPLOYMENT WILL INCLUDE APPROX 12 DAYS CLASS A PER MONTH AND POSIBILITY TO SURGE TO CLASS B TO THE AUTHORIZED MAXIMUM WITHIN REGULATIONS
B. START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT IS NEGOTIABLE
C. END DATE OF EMPLOYMENT MAY BE EXTENDED
D. SHOULD MORE THAN ONE IDENTICAL CANDIDATE BE FOUND SUITABLE BY THE SELECTION BOARD, PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO THE CANDIDATE RESIDING IN THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA OF OTTAWA
E. LANGUAGE: ENGLISH ESSENTIAL. BILINGUAL AN ASSET
F. APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE:
(1) A PERSONAL RESUME WHICH INCLUDES COMPLETE RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS AND CONTACT PHONE NUMBER(S)
(2) A COVERING LETTER WHICH INCLUDES:
I. DESCRIPTION OF THE QUALS AND EXPERIENCE WHICH MAKE THEM A SUITABLE APPLICANT FOR THIS POSITION
II. CONTACT INFO FOR TWO REFERENCES
G. SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE IAW AFO 5006-15
H. SELECTION THROUGH THE SELECTION PROCESS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE APPROVAL FOR PROMOTION. PROMOTIONS MUST BE REQUESTED AND APPROVED BY THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY