Competition Closing Date: 29-JUN-2018
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - MCE - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- MCE has a Class A for a Cpl/MCpl MOS ID/Occupation 00003-01-NCM, or 90000-ATR to commence on 09-MAR-2018 until 05-MAR-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Cpl/MCpl
Applicants who are one rank lower or higher may apply, however will only be considered in exceptional circumstances where no other qualified candidate are available.
- MOS ID: 00003-01-NCM, or 90000-ATR
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- Recommended courses include HRMS and Monitor Mass.
- Competency Remarks:
- Must have knowlede of CF Travel Policies, Administrative Intructions (CFAOs) and File Indexing.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the Unit that are related to travel and general administrative serives.
b. Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures governing travel, records management, financial services and general administration .
c. Knowledge of other departments (e.g. NRCA, Transport Canada) with which the department has reciprocal agreements in order to process payments.
d. Knowledge of private sector travel agencies and other suppliers in order to understand their practices, negotiate for services, and resolve invoicing problems.
e. Strong knowledge of CAF/DND organization and administration orders.
f. Excellent organization skills
g. Excellent written and oral communication skills
h. Incumbent knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel
- Basic description of duties: a. Provide clerical support to members of the MCE as part of the OR, or in sub-organizations in support of more targeted tasks or personnel.
b. Provides information on travel and accommodation requirements to unit personnel and interacts with travel agencies to negotiate the best possible price for officers (military and civilian) as well as non-commissioned members, traveling throughout the world on administrative or operational missions.
c. Interacts with visitors and individuals making telephone inquiries to provide routine information concerning the organization.
d. Interacts with suppliers and other government officials to discuss and correct any problems in relation to invoices.
e. Interacts with staff to provide information concerning various administrative services and on departmental policies, which can involve having to question individuals as to their need for services (e.g. taxi chits).
f. Interacts with individuals requesting records (operational and administrative files and military and civilian personnel records and leave records).
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Lt Crowell , Margaret
- Position: 416507 - RES DEV PLANS/RES DEV PLANS
- Phone: 613/995-5768
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: a. Please include a resume and MPRR
b. This employment will include approximately 15 days Class A per month and there may be one or two opportunities to surge to Class B for 89 days during the year.