Competition Closing Date: 26-JAN-2018
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - SJS - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- SJS has a Class A for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 27-NOV-2017 until 31-MAR-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
Capt promotable may apply but will only be considered should no candidate at the Maj rank be found.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- i. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
ii. Strong problem solving skills.
iii. Experience preparing reports or briefing notes at a headquarters level.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Experience as a staff officer is preferred.
B. Experience in strategic level planning is preferred.
C. Knowledge of current situation in Europe and Ukraine is preferred.
D. JCSP or equivalent is an asset.
- Basic description of duties: A. Conduct strategic level contingency and or operational planning, based on CDS intent, for potential CAF employment;
B. Conduct strategic level engagement planning/coordination, based on the Global Engagement Strategy, to enhance CAF international relationship building;
C. Provide Staff Officer support and coordination to the appointed to Ukraine's Defence Reform Advisory Board (DRAB);
D Be prepared to travel to attend conferences, planning meetings, or to assist other planning staff;
E. Be prepared to support/represent SJS in regional Defence Policy and or Mil-Mil Staff Talks;
F. Prepare briefing packages for assigned files; and
G. Other related tasks.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Watier , Marc-André
- Position: 298920 - STRAT Tgt 1-2/STRAT Tgt 1-2
- Phone: 613-992-1857
- Email: MARC-ANDRE.WATIER@forces.gc.ca
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: a. Please include a short two page CV that highlight skills, qualifications, training andexperience that meet the demands and responsibilities of the position (recent experience and/or knowledge is defined as within 2 years).
b. Please provide an MPRR
c. If start date requires tobe amended, this will be determined as soon as prossible once candidate is selected.