Competition Closing Date: 22-DEC-2017
From: 41 Svc Bn Det Edmonton
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - 41 Svc Bn Det Edmonton - PO BOX 10500 STN FORCES, EDMONTON, AB, T5J 4J5, CA (Actual Employment Location: Debney Armoury, Edmonton, AB)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- 41 Svc Bn Det Edmonton has a Class B Permanent for a MCpl/MCpl MOS ID/Occupation 00003-01-NCM to commence on 08-JAN-2018 until 07-JAN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MCpl/MCpl
Under/Over ranking shall only be used in exceptional circumstances, where no established rank qualified candidate is found suitable by a Board Report and approved by Div HQ. Higher rank will relinquish rank for the duration of the emp pd.
- MOS ID: 00003-01-NCM
HRA 00375 preferred however any trade may apply.
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. Experience with Revised Pay System for the Reserves (RPSR);
b. Experience with Human Resource Management System (HRMS);
c. Previous experience working in a P Res environment;
d Good written and oral communication;
e. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
f. Full time reserve orderly room experience an asset;
g. Ability to work with minimal supervision;
h Understanding of CF regulations, policies and procedures; and
i. Member must be available to work evenings and weekends, and be available to be away for extended periods for taskings/courses, as required.
j. Expenditure Management Course (EMC), Contracting Direct With Trades (CDWT), and Green Procurement(GP) an asset.
- Basic description of duties: a. Staff administration procedures at unit level including, but not limited to, promotions, releases, Army Reserve Establishment, transfers, pay functions, data entry, claims;
b. Supervising OR Clerks; and
c. Other duties as assigned by the chief clerk.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Snyder , Graham
- Position: 383190 - G1 OPS & PLANS/G1 OPS & PLANS
- Phone: 529-3554
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. This is a nationally advertised position;
B. Empl is three years with possibility of extension;
C. Applicants from the local geographical area who meet the criteria will be given employment preference;
D. If a local mbr is the successful applicant the Offer of Emp/Terms of Svc can be auth to be modified for early start & end date. This adv start date is to allow time pd for a relocation if required; and
E. Applicant must be avail for unrestricted employment, which will include possible taskings, some evenings and weekend work, as well as taskings outside of the local area.