Competition Closing Date: 22-FEB-2018
From: CFB Shilo
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CFB Shilo - PO BOX 5000 STN MAIN, SHILO, MB, R0K 2A0, CA (Actual Employment Location: Shilo, MB)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CFB Shilo has a Class B Permanent for a MWO/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 00002-01-Officer to commence on 22-JAN-2018 until 21-JAN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MWO/Capt
Under/Over ranking shall only be used in exceptional circumstances, where no established rank qualified candidate is found suitable by a Board Report and approved by Div HQ. Higher rank will relinquish rank for the duration of the emp pd. This position is established for the captain rank and, by CA direction, CWOs and MWOs may apply. As CWO is a controlled rank, only CWOs suitable and willing to CFR will be considered. WOs may not apply for this posn.
- MOS ID: 00002-01-Officer
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- MUST HAVE CURRENT CDWT, GREEN PROCUREMENT AND EXPENDITURE MANAGEMENT COURSE.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. KNOWLEDGE:
1) KNOWLEDGE OF THE FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION ACT
2) KNOWLEDGE OF BUSINESS PRACTICES AND CURRENT MANAGEMENT TOOLS RELATED TO GENERAL ADMINISTRATION, HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION INCLUDING AMONG OTHERS CFPAS, MONITOR MASS, DRMIS, ETC.
3) KNOWLEDGE OF THE HARASSMENT PREVENTION AND RESOLUTION GUIDELINES, DAOD 5012-0
4) KNOWLEDGE OF THE CANADIAN FORCES TEMPORARY DUTY TRAVEL INSTRUCTION (CFTDTI)
5) KNOWLEDGE OF THE GRIEVANCE PROCESS AND POLICIES
6) KNOWLEDGE OF STAFF OFFICER DUTIES
b. DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE: KNOWLEDGE OF THE MILITARY RETURN TO DUTY AND CIVILIAN RETURN TO WORK PROGRAMS FOR DND
1) EXPERIENCE IN MANAGING MILITARY AND CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES
2) EXPERIENCE IN DRAFTING, PROOFREADING AND PRESENTING DOCUMENTS TO SENIOR MANAGEMENT
3) EXPERIENCE WITH MICROSOFT PROGRAMS INCLUDING WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK AND EXPLORER
1) A VALID DND 404 WOULD BE AN ASSET.
2) ANY TRAINING IN THE FIELD OF OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT WOULD BE AN ASSET.
- Basic description of duties: a. PRIMARY DUTIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
1) ACT AS 2I/C FOR THE G1 BRANCH
2) MONITOR AND APPROVE AUTHORITY FOR MATERIAL PURCHASES AND TRAVEL
3) PROVIDE INPUT AND DRAFT THE HEADQUARTERS BUSINESS PLAN
4) UNDERSTAND THE RESPONSIBILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH SEC 32 AND 34 OF THE FAA
5) ASSIST IN PROCESSING HARASSEMENT COMPLAINTS
6) ASSIST IN PROCESSING GRIEVANCES
7) ASSIST IN THE MILITARY AND CIVIIAN RETURN TO WORK PROGRAMS
8) TRACK PERS AND CPRRS FOR THE HEADUARTERS
b. SECONDARY DUTIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE: SAFETY REP FOR THE HEADQUARTERS. THESE DUTIES INCLUDE PREPARING DOCUMENTATION RELATING TO OHS & E, DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SAFETY POLICIES AND DIRECTIVES.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Smoley , Stuart
- Position: 007873 - G1/G1
- Phone: 258-3051
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Empl is three years with possibility of extension;
B. Applicants from the local geographical area who meet the criteria will be given employment preference;
C. If a local mbr is the successful applicant the Offer of Emp/Terms of Svc can be auth to be modified for early start & end date. This adv start date is to allow time pd for a relocation if required.