Competition Closing Date: 23-JAN-2018
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - COS(MAT) - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- COS(MAT) has a Class B Permanent for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 30-OCT-2017 until 29-OCT-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service, Canadian Rangers.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
Mbrs eligible for promotion to Capt/Lt(N) and Maj/LCdr who are willing to relinquish their rank can apply but will only be considered if no qualified Capt/Lt(N) is available. Lt/SLt not eligible for promotion may be considered only if candidates at the rank of Capt/Lt(N) or Lt/SLt qualified for promotion or Maj/LCdr who are willing to relinquish are not available.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- Instructional Supervisor (AHCJ); Individual Training & Education Standards and Quality Control (AJKF); Individual Training and Education Qualification Management (AJKE) are required for position. However, if a candidate requires training to obtain qualifications, this will be provided.
- Competency (Qualifications):
- 1. INSTRUCTIONAL SUPERVISION [AHCJ]
2. IT&E STANDARDS AND QUALITY CON [AJKF]
3. IT&E QUALIFICATION MANAGEMENT [AJKE]
- Competency Remarks:
- A. Demonstrated experience building and leading teams;
B. Supervisory experience managing military and/or civilian personnel;
C. Demonstrated problem solving skills, initiative and the ability to remain effective under highly demanding circumstances;
D. Demonstrated ability to work well with others in accomplishing organizational goals;
E. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- In addition to the essential qualifications listed above, preference may be given to candidates who have the following:
A. Previous experience within a Training Establishment;
B. Familiarity with a range of software including DLN, HRMS, MITE and/or RDIMS will be considered an asset.
- Basic description of duties: A. Provides standards over watch of entire Materiel Acquisition & Support (MA&S) Curriculum;
B. Monitors Instruction;
C. Evaluates and Validates Course Curriculums;
D. Conducts Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition(PLAR) for MA&S Curriculum;
E. Oversees ADM(Mat) Out-Service and Foreign Military Training (OST/FMT);
F. Assists in the the management of Quals, MITE and HRMS Course Codes for MA&S Curriculum.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Forest , Denis
- Position: 816817 - SECTION HEAD MA&S LTPD/SECTION HEAD MA&S LTPD
- Phone: 819-994-5463
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Priority will be given to Res F component/sub-component in the order listed at para 1, then Reg F; B. Mbrs of COATS or CdR may be considered if PRes or Reg F MOSID qualified and if selected would be required to request a sub-component transfer to another Res F component/sub-component; C. Dates are approximate; D. Application Process: applications must include a comprehensive cover letter and personal resume detailing background qualifications, experience and suitability for the position, as well as the names and contact information of two references; E. Please attach a signed, up to date MPRR; and F. Questions in regards to job description can be directed to Denis Forest at 819-994-5463, or CSN 994-5463 or e-mail Denis.Forest@forces.gc.ca.