Competition Closing Date: 12-FEB-2018
From: RCSU Eastern
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - RCSU Eastern - PO BOX 100 STN BUREAU-CHEF, RICHELAIN, QC, J0J 1R0, CA (Actual Employment Location: St-Jean-sur-Richelieu (aéroport et Cégept))
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- RCSU Eastern has a Class B Temporary for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 00359-01-COATS-GS NCM, or 00168-01-SUP TECH to commence on 02-APR-2018 until 28-SEP-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
Applicants holding the substantive rank for the position and those who are one rank lower will be considered at the same time in the selection process. In accordance with ref A, individuals holding the substantive rank of the position being advertised, and who meet the minimum level of qualifications of the position, shall be selected before an individual of lower rank. If no suitable candidate can be selected of equal or lower rank, applicants whose substantive rank is one higher may be considered.
- MOS ID: 00359-01-COATS-GS NCM, or 00168-01-SUP TECH
COATS CANDIDATES MUST COME FROM MOS ID SUPPLY TECH
- Language: French essential
- Security clearance: Reliability Status
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- BE FAMILIAR WITH CF SUPPLY AND SOFTWARE
HAVE MANAGED OR BE ABLE TO MANAGE A SUPPLY STORE
BE ABLE TO PURCHASE WITH GOUVERNMENT CREDIT CARD
BE KNOWLEDGEABLE OF FMAS AND BE ABLE TO CREATE, ACCESS AND TRACK COMMITMENTS
BE FAMILIAR WITH PWGSC RULES AND REGULATIONS
BE CAPABLE OF MANAGING BUDGETS AND CONTROLLING EXPENSES
BE FAMILIAR WITH MICROSOFT SOFTWARE SUCH AS OUTLOOK, EXCEL AND WORD
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- BE AVAILABLE TO WORK DURING SEVERAL WEEKENDS AND DURING EXTENDED HOURS.
- Basic description of duties: CLASS A SVC -
POSSIBILITY FOR A FEW DAYS FROM OCT TO DEC AND JAN TO MARCH.
CLASS B SVC -
ANNUAL CYCLE STARTING USUALLY 01 APRIL FOR A PERIOD OF 180 DAYS.
A. MAINTAIN CLOSE WORKING RELATIONSHIS WITH STAFF OF SUPPORT BASES AND LOGISTIC AND FINANCE SECTION OF RCSU EASTERN IN REGARDS TO ADMINISTRATION, FINANCE AND LOGISTIC MATTERS;
B. ENSURE CONSTANT LIAISON WITH THE FLYING SITES OIC'S ON ALL ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICAL ASPECTS;
C. MONITOR, MANAGE AND CONTROL THE MATERIAL ON THE DA OF THE SUPPLY SYSTEM IN SUPPORT TO AIR OPS AND AT THE EASTERN REGION CADET FLYING TRAINING CENTER (CFTC);
D. ENSURE THAT PROCUREMENT LAWS ARE RESPECTED IN THE PROCESS OF ACQUIRING MATERIALS FOR AIR OPS AND AT CFTC
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member may live in service accommodation.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Campeau , Sebastien
- Position: 081916 - J1 - OFFICIER DOTATION/J1 - OFFICIER DOTATION
- Phone: 668-7061
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Prior to taking office, the candidate must meet the security requirements applicable to serving members of the Canadian Cadet Organization, including obtaining the Confidential security level and a Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (PRC / VSS ). Any employment offer will be conditional to the certification that the candidate meets the required safety standards.
If the selected candidate accepts the position, the member of the P Res or Reg F must be transferred / enrolled to COATS. There is a possibility of extension of three years after the period of employment.
The members of RCSU Eastern must send their nomination and documents via their chain of command by email to: email@example.com.
Nominations should include:
A. Full contact details of the applicant;
B. Confirmation of whether a member is receiving a CFSA pension following service in the Regular Force;
C. Any other relevant information that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting the service, etc.), including information that is no longer up-to-date in HRMS (ex: linguistic profile, fitness result or of the medical condition), as the HRMS will be used in the initial assessment of the requirements for the position;
D. An introduction letter describing the motivations, qualifications and recent experiences for employment. An updated CV;
E. Two recommendation letters that can be verified.