Competition Closing Date: 01-FEB-2018
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - SJS - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- SJS has a Class A for a LCol/LCol MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 02-NOV-2017 until 01-NOV-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: LCol/LCol
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- i. Must have experience coordinating strategic issues with operational level organizations and across the NDHQ matrix.
ii. Min two years of experience providing responsive and anticipatory advice related to government direction which could have strategic implications.
iii. Must have an understanding of the processes involved in staffing documents such as Requests for Assistance (RFAs) and Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) for CAF support to OGDs and external agencies.
iv. Experience preparing guidance, orders and correspondence on behalf of CAF senior leadership.
v. Experience preparing reports or briefing notes at a headquarters level.
vi. Experience in preparing verbal presentation and written correspondence on issues of both a recurring and unique nature.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Strong written and verbal communications skills.
B. Strong problem solving skills.
C. Experience providing advice to senior military and Government of Canada leadership.
D. Experience in synchronizing Government polic(ies) with strategic direction.
- Basic description of duties: A. Identifying and recommending the activities necessary for the implementation of strategic direction with minimum distruption on current or future operations;
B. Effectively chairing discussion groups and meeting to produce tangible and actionable outcomes;
C. Actively participating in interdepartmental committees and working groups related to emergency management policies, processes, and responsibilities to determine potential CAF contributions;
D. Engaging the key force generators and forces employers to assess and effectively consider the appropriate recommendation to be put forward to senior leadership, taking into consideration operational impacts, resource implications and affordability;
E. Preparing and managing the staffing of well researched, accurate and timely documentation and staffing packages for higher signature; and
F. Providing clear, appropriately detailed, and focused verbal presentationa and recommendations.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Scanlan , Neil
- Position: 308554 - Dir North American Plans/Dir North American Plans
- Phone: 613-995-2311
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.