Competition Closing Date: 13-OCT-2017
From: CJOC HQ
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - CJOC HQ - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 1600 Star Top, Ottawa)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CJOC HQ has a Class B Temporary for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 16-OCT-2017 until 30-APR-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
MBRS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO MAJ/LCDR CAN APPLY, BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED MAJ/LCDR IS AVAILABLE. CAPT/LT(N) MAY BE CONSIDERED ONLY IF CANDIDATES AT THE RANK OF MAJ/LCDR OR CAPT/LT(N) QUALIFIED FOR PROMOTION ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. DEMONSTRATES ABILITY TO WORK IN A JOINT OPERATIONAL HQ
B. EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS
C. EXPERIENCED WITH THE CAF ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS
E. ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
F. AUTONOMOUS WORK
G. TEAM MANAGEMENT/LEADERSHIP
H. ABILITY TO WORK LONG HOURS
I. DEMANDING ENVIRONMENT
- Basic description of duties: PATA BACKFILL:
J2 CORPORATE MANAGES AND COMPLETES ADMINISTRATION FOR PERS UNDER THE J2 UMBRELLA. THIS INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO HIRING OF PERS (CIVILIAN AND RESERVE), ENSURING CONTRACTS ARE FOLLOWED-UP, ENSURING THE BUDGET IS ON TRACK, ENSURING DELIVERABLES ARE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED ON TIME, WORK WITH OTHER J CODES IN CJOC, AND ENSURE THE UNIT IS SOUNDLY ADMINISTERED WITH GUIDANCE FROM THE DEP J2.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Porter , Dawn
- Position: 808948 - O&E AND RESERVE STAFFING COORD/O&E AND RESERVE STAFFING COORD
- Phone: 945-2838
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: IF MOVE OF DHG AND E IS NOT CONSIDERED FOR THIS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY,
THIS MEANS THAT THE MEMBER IS RESPONSIBLE TO BEAR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED
WITH MOVING DHG AND E TO THEIR NEW PLACE OF DUTY WHEN THE MEMBER IS NOT
FROM THE LOCAL AREA. NO TRAVEL, RATIONS OR ACCOMMODATION EXPENSES
RELATED TO THE MOVE WILL BE REIMBURSED.
LOCAL AREA APPLICANTS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE
Please attach the following information:
PERS RESUME OUTLINING SUITABILITY FOR POSN, A COPY OF MPRR AND THREE
PERSONAL REFERENCES WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, PREFERABLY FORMER OR
CURRENT EMPLOYERS / SUPERVISORS
IN ORDER TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE POSN, OPI IS: LCOL GOULET, 613-945-4263