Competition Closing Date: 27-OCT-2017
From: CFB Comox
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CFB Comox - PO BOX 1000 STN MAIN, LAZO, BC, V0R 2K0, CA (Actual Employment Location: 407 Sqn)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-15 Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes
G. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-17 Promotion - Air Reserve
- CFB Comox has a Class A for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 00019-01-AES OP to commence on 13-OCT-2017 until 12-OCT-2019. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
MCpl's and WO's willing to relinquish their rank may apply but preference will be given to Sgt's.
- MOS ID: 00019-01-AES OP
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Top Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- (1) Knowledge of LRP aircraft maritime and overland tactics and procedures as well as a working knowledge of latest Aurora avionics systems in order to conduct effective simulation training;
(2) Knowledge of current Electronic Warfare Parametric Data and familiarity with U.K., U.S., NATO and national EW database systems.
(3) Knowledge and experience in the recognition of modern world navy and commercial vessels;
(4) Knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of the AESOP crew members in the Aurora tactical compartment;
(5) Knowledge to assist the PCT ACSO in developing and manipulating the maritime simulation quickly and realistically to enhance the training atmosphere;
(6) Knowledge to manipulate contacts to simulate various Contacts of Interest with differing manoeuvrability and operational modes when conducting simulator missions that train the aircrew in operational decision-making;
(7) Knowledge of appropriate aircraft systems, avionics, electronic and navigational systems, acoustic processor and dry sensors and the operating principles related to these systems in order to ensure relevant training;
(8) Knowledge of LRP employment and the utilization of the LRP sensor suite to maximize training opportunities;
(9) Knowledge of Aurora taskings and cooperation with other friendly units to prosecute contacts of interest;
(10) Knowledge of Air Tasking Orders, Airspace Coordination Orders, Special Instructions (SPINS), and other message traffic to ensure proper documentation in support of mission simulations;
(11) Knowledge of verbal and written formats to be able to create scenario message traffic, conduct tactical communications and debriefings, and explain procedures and tactical methodologies;
(12) Knowledge to implement additions, modifications and deletions to PCT scenarios and the PCT AESOP console and crew binders using the online scenario development environment and classified computer systems;
(13) Knowledge to provide general and specific training and feedback to the lead AESOP on methodologies and procedures utilized, and to provide instruction when requested by instructors for MOAT students undergoing training.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. Experience in using Microsoft products including Word, EXCEL and database applications.
b. Knowledge of the overall operation of the PCT in order to provide back-up to the PCT ACSO;
c. Knowledge of instructional techniques and training methods to prepare scenarios which meet all training requirements;
d. Knowledge of computer simulation techniques and methodologies, including knowledge of specialized software applications used to design and emulate various maritime tactical situations, targets and system deficiencies;
e. Knowledge of PCT standards and procedures to ensure compliance;
f. Knowledge of adult instruction techniques and training methods to participate in the development and administration of the PCT training program, and to ensure the development of training missions that meet curriculum requirements;
g. Reading and interpretive skills are required to read and understand leadership guidance, to integrate this guidance into PCT training events, and to transcribe this guidance into easily understood training programs;
h. Reading and interpretive skills are required in understanding a variety of complex, technical manufacturer's manuals, standards, etc as they relate to the operation of the PCT;
i. Reading and interpretive skills are required in understanding complex operational and exercise message traffic as well as weather reports and forecasts, and to transcribe these documents into a format that can be easily developed into simulation training missions;
j. Knowledge of guidance documents such as 407 Squadron Orders, 19 Wing Flying Orders, and related documents required for compliance with local operating practices;
k. Knowledge of operational software and hardware trouble-shooting procedures required on PCT equipment is required in order to rectify ongoing PCT equipment malfunction and fidelity concerns;
l. Knowledge to operate simulation mission debrief equipment, including chronological reconstruction of the mission events in concurrence with the visual replay, allowing for pauses to discuss actions taken by the trainees; and
m. Knowledge of briefing techniques to explain the procedures and methodologies for operating the PCT to new PCT AESOPs.
- Basic description of duties: a. Assistant to the Procedures Crew Trainer Airborne Combat Systems Officer (PCT ACSO) in the conduct of Procedures Crew Trainer (PCT) training missions for CP 140 Aurora ACSO's and AESOP's. Development and maintenance of PCT missions, including database management and scenario creation;
b. Conduct PCT training scenarios for student and qualified Aurora AESOPs and ACSO's.
c. Conduct training, and, if designated, check rides on new PCT AESOPs, and/or refresher training on other operators.
d. Conduct the duties of classified pubs custodian, supplying trainees with classified pubs and equipment/materials as required.
e. Liaise with other units/agencies when required in the development of PCT scenarios and in response to special requests for PCT scenarios to conduct crew checks or other specialized training.
f. Develop and maintain exercise EW database and associated material and handouts.
g. Liaise with 404 Sqn and other units/agencies in order to update targets and EW parametric data.
h. Liaise with 19 Wing Operations to ensure that the AESOP laptop is configured with the latest data for the clients.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Smith , Richard Allan
- Position: M101285361 - PCT HR COORDINATOR/PCT HR COORDINATOR
- Phone: 252-7348
- Email: Rick.Smith@forces.gc.ca
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Interested candidates must forward a signed copy of their MPRR, personal resume and covering letter describing their qualifications and experience IAW the requirements listed in paras 2 and 3. Applications must include the following info if more up to date than the MPRR:
a. current establishment position number, parent unit and UIC;
b. date of promotion to current rank;
c. security clearance level and date;
d. linguistic abilities and, if available, testing dates;
e. date and category of last medical and any medical employment limitations;
f. Force FIT completion date or date scheduled to be tested;
g. confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to Regular Force or Reserve Force service;
h. any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc);
i. nominees work and home phone number; and
j. two references and associated contact information.
Applications to be forwarded to:
a. e-mail: Todd.Costello@forces.gc.ca
b. regular mail : Employment Opportunity- 407 Sqn/PCT AESOP/
19 Air Reserve Flight,
19 Wing Comox
PO Box 1000 Stn Main
Lazo BC V0R 2K0
ATTN: AR Flt Comd
c. Fax: local 8166 Commercial 250-339-8166