Competition Closing Date: 29-NOV-2017
From: 144 CE Flt Pictou
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - 144 CE Flt Pictou - PO BOX 1030237 WELSFORD ST, PICTOU, NS, B0K 1H0, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. AFO 5006-15 - Air Reserve Selection Process
G. AFO 5006-17 - Air Reserve Promotion Policy
- 144 CE Flt Pictou has a Class A for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 00305-01-WFE TECH, or 00305-05-WFE TECH to commence on 16-OCT-2017 until 31-DEC-2029. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service, Canadian Rangers, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
Sgt (MCpls eligible for promotion will be considered. WO's willing to permanently relinquish their rank to Sgt may apply)
- MOS ID: 00305-01-WFE TECH, or 00305-05-WFE TECH
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. WFE TECH QL 6A 
2. PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUAL (PLQ) 
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: This position reports directly to the Projects WO. The primary duty is NCO I/C of the WFE section.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Sgt Keagan , William
- Position: 071709 - CHIEF CLK/CHIEF CLK
- Phone: 902 485 1069 Ext 231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: 1. Should there be more than one applicant, the most suitable candidate will be identified by the selection board, and consideration will be given to the candidate residing in the local geographical area of Pictou NS.
2. Selection process will be IAW Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-15, Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes and the fol prioritization shall be used:
a. Air Reservists, Air DEU PRes and Air DEU Reg Force pers at the substantive rank of the position: Air Reservists and Air DEU PRes pers one rank below the rank of the pos'n, who are eligible for immediate promotion:
b. Reg Force pers, other PRes pers, mbrs of the COATS, Canadian Rangers and Supp Res at the substantive rank of the pos'n willing to transfer to the Air Res and change environmental affiliation if selected:
c. PRes or Reg F pers over-ranked by one rank, willing to permanently relinquish their rank, shall only be considered in those exceptional cases where no qualified category A or B candidate is avail: and
d. Civilian applicants, including former CAF mbrs.
3. Selection through the AFO 5006-15 process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
4. Interested candidates must fwd a copy of their current MPRR, personal resume and covering letter describing their quals and experience . Submissions may be made via mail to 144 CEF Pictou, PO Box 1030, Pictou, NS, B0K 1H0, email or fax - 1-902-485-1198 to Sgt Keagan NLT closing date. Applications must include the fol info if more up to date than the MPRR:
A. Current establishment pos'n number, parent unit and UIC.
B. Date of promotion to current rank.
C. Security clearance level and date.
D. CF Force test completion date or date scheduled to be tested.
E. Linguistic abilities and, if avail, testing dates.
F. Confirmation of whether or not mbr is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributed to Reg F or Res F svc.
G. Date and category of last medical and any medical employment limitations
H. Covering letter describing mbr's quals and experience.
I. Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc)
J. Nominees work and home phone number
K. Min two references.
L. OPI: For more info including a copy of the TOA's, Contact Lt Lukaszczyk-Therien, 144 CEF Flt OC, at 902-485-1069 ext 225