Competition Closing Date: 06-DEC-2017
From: CJOC HQ
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - CJOC HQ - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 1600 Star Top, Ottawa)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CJOC HQ has a Class B Temporary for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 04-SEP-2017 until 31-MAR-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
MBRS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO MAJ/LCDR AND LCOL/CDR WHO ARE WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK CAN APPLY, BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED MAJ/LCDR IS AVAILABLE.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Top Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A.OPERATIONAL EXPERIENCE IS DESIRABLE
B. PROFICIENCY IN WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS AND STAFF PROCEDURE IS ESSENTIAL
C. WELL DEVELOPED COMMUNICATION SKILLS IN ENGLISH ARE ESSENTIAL
D. STAFF EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL, JOINT STAFF EXPERIENCE IS DESIRABLE
E. FAMILIARITY WITH THE CF OPERATIONAL PLANNING PROCESS IS DESIRABLE
- Basic description of duties: A. REPORTING TO CJOC J9, THE DEPUTY J9 IS PRIMARILY RESP FOR CORPORATE AND GOVERNANCE FUNCTIONS FOR THE J9 BRANCH. THE DEP J9 ALSO SUPERVISES TWO SUBORINDATE OFFICERS:
A. J9 PLANS O, PRIMARILY RESP FOR THE DEVELOPING THE ANNUAL CJOC OPERATIONAL ENGAGEMENT PLAN
B. J9 COORD: PRIMARILY RESP FOR PROVIDING ADMIN SUPPORT TO THE J9, DEP J9 AND REGIONAL DESK OFFICERS
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Porter , Dawn
- Position: 808948 - O&E AND RESERVE STAFFING COORD/O&E AND RESERVE STAFFING COORD
- Phone: 945-2838
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: IF MOVE OF DHG AND E IS NOT CONSIDERED FOR THIS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY,
THIS MEANS THAT THE MEMBER IS RESPONSIBLE TO BEAR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED
WITH MOVING DHG AND E TO THEIR NEW PLACE OF DUTY WHEN THE MEMBER IS NOT
FROM THE LOCAL AREA. NO TRAVEL, RATIONS OR ACCOMMODATION EXPENSES
RELATED TO THE MOVE WILL BE REIMBURSED.
LOCAL AREA APPLICANTS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE
WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION
Please attach the following information:
PERS RESUME OUTLINING SUITABILITY FOR POSN, A COPY OF MPRR AND THREE
PERSONAL REFERENCES WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, PREFERABLY FORMER OR
CURRENT EMPLOYERS / SUPERVISORS
IN ORDER TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE POSN, OPI IS: LCOL GODIN SMM., 613-998-3642 or CAPT TOOKER MJ., 613-945-2525