Competition Closing Date: 22-SEP-2017
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - JPSU - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: Labelle Bldg, 4210 Labelle St, Ottawa, ON)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- JPSU has a Class B Temporary for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 08-SEP-2017 until 31-AUG-2019. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
CAPT/LT(N) MAY APPLY IF QUALIFIED FOR PROMOTION TO MAJ/LCDR. LCOL/CDR MAY APPLY IF WILLING TO RELINQUISH RANK BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED MAJ/LCDR IS AVAILABLE.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. KNOWLEDGE OF BASIC CASUALTY ADMINISTRATION,
B. KNOWLEDGE OF CIVILIAN HUMAN RESOURCE EMPLOYMENT POLICY,
C. KNOWLEDGE OF PRIVACY ACT AND ACCESS TO PRIVACY PROCESS,
D. STAFF EXPERIENCE IN A HEADQUARTERS,
E. SUPERIOR VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS, AND
F. EXCELLENT INTERPERSONAL SKILLS.
- Basic description of duties: A. COMPLETE STAFF PROJECTS REQUIRING RESEARCH OF SPECIFIC TOPICS, LIAISON WITH VARIOUS SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS, AND PREPARING SERVICE PAPERS FOR CONSIDERATION AT NATIONAL HQ LEVEL
B. PROVIDE BRIEFINGS TO KEY JPSU APPOINTMENTS
C. AS A SENIOR OFFICER IN JPSU HQ, SECONDARY DUTIES COMMENSURATE WITH THE RANK WHICH MAY INCLUDE PARTICIPATION IN STAFF ASSISTANCE VISITS, BRIEFINGS, AND SUPERVISION OF SUBORDINATES
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Quinn , Wayne
- Position: 323388 - OPERATIONS OFFICER/OPERATIONS OFFICER
- Phone: 613-947-6238
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED :
PERS RESUME OUTLINING SUITABILITY FOR POSN AND THREE PERSONAL REFERENCES WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, PREFERABLY FORMER OR CURRENT EMPLOYERS/SUPERVISORS
LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE.