Competition Closing Date: 26-JAN-2018
From: MILPERSGEN HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - MILPERSGEN HQ - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, KINGSTON, ON, K7K 7B4, CA (Actual Employment Location: Kingston (CDA))
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- MILPERSGEN HQ has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 08-SEP-2017 until 07-SEP-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
Mbrs eligible for promotion to Maj/LCdr and LCol /CDR who are willing to relinquish their rank can apply, but will only be considered if no qualified Maj/LCdr is available.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: Bilingual
- EN Reading Level: C - Highest
- EN Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- EN OI Level: C - Highest
- FR Reading Level: C - Highest
- FR Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- FR OI Level: C - Highest
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- A. Superior CAF Staff and Communication Skills
B. Have experience with the CAF Trg system and a broad knowledge of CAF human resources in general
C. Ability to operate in a team environment while leading change and facing uncertainty. Comfortable interacting with all rank levels and with all environmental commands.
D. Must be competent utilizing MS Office Suite
E. Must be capable of performing at the FMN HQ Level. Prior formation level experience essential.
F. Must be proactive, flexible and be able to work independently
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: The D/SSO OL is responsible to the SSO OL for the direct supervision and management of the day-to-day activities of the Language Programs management cell at CDA HQ. Specific duties include:
A. Creating and maintaining situational awareness of all issues pertaining to the day-to-day operation of the Language programs management cell and providing guidance to management cell team members.
B. Creating and maintaining situational awareness related to key language programs issues and developments and working with delivery system stakeholders to resolve issues.
C. Creating and maintaining a network of contacts of key stakeholders involved in CAF language programs.
D. Provide Financial Management for the section
E. Briefing SSO LP and/or COS on MSLTP issues as required.
F. Acting as SSO LP when required.
G. Accomplishing any other additional duties assigned by SSO LP.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Gillies , Paul
- Position: R99984938 - RECEIPT/ARRIVÉE
- Phone: 271-3031
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Dates are approximate
Applicants must submit a current and signed MPRR