Competition Closing Date: 17-NOV-2017
From: ARMY MP GP HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - ARMY MP GP HQ - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 110 O'Connor St, Ottawa, floor 10)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- ARMY MP GP HQ has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 25-SEP-2017 until 24-SEP-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
Lieutenant-Colonels willing to relinquish and Captains qualified for promotion to Major may apply but will only be considered should no Major apply. Captains not eligible for promotion may be considered if no qualified for promotion Captains apply.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
Logistics Officer will be given preference, other MOSID with Logistics experience will be considered if no Logistics Officer applies.
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. Section 32,33,34 
2. Contracting Direct with Trade 
3. Green Procurement -CSPS online [C215 E]
4. Green Procurement [C215E]
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- In addition the AMP Gp G4 also performs the functions of a G6 .
- Basic description of duties: This position is responsible to perform level 3 staff officer duties, including:
a. Is the senior Logistician within Army MP Gp;
b. Provides advice and oversight to subordinate units relating to all logistical matters;
c. Oversees the AMP Gp HQ DA;
d. Drafts briefing notes and provide written reports and updates as necessary;
e. Provide briefings in person or via teleconference as necessary;
f. Conduct research activities into complex policy issues and provide recommendations to senior leadership regarding findings;
g. Provide oversight of fleet management of all vehicles assigned to AMP Gp;
h. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders regarding supply and contracts issues;
i. Liaise with CA J4 staff for green (non-policing) materiel stock requirements, e.g. vehicles, vehicle markings, any internal/external fitted equipment;
j. Liaise with CF MP Gp J4 staff for white (policing) materiel stock requirements, e.g. weapons, ammunition, vehicles, etc.;
k. Oversee Regimental ammunition allocations and quarterly reports for staffing to J4 Log Assistant;
l. Liaise with the J4 Master Driver for management of life cycling, procurement, replacement, etc. of white fleet vehicles;
m. Acquire and maintain currency on all necessary training for Controlled Goods, DRMIS, ACIMS, FMS, and AIMS;
n. Oversee Regimental weapons accounts;
o. Interpret, track, and forward all instructions/policies from CF MP Group J4 to AMP Gp units;
p. Liaise with the AMP Group G3 in order to determine type and quantity of equipment for CFTPO taskings;
q. Oversee that appropriate staffing IAW regulations and policies are actioned with respect to degraded or non-serviceable equipment;
r. In coordination with CF MP Group Master Driver, ensure VORs and EMOs are monitored, i.e. tracking vehicle maintenance to ensure low rate of VOR;
s. Ensure no unauthorized movement of vehicles between Areas;
t. 100% account verification of weapons, parts thereof, and STANO in order to ensure subordinate units are maintaining and accounting for equipment at authorised levels;
u. Manage radio equipment for AMP Gp.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Gregoire , Steeve
- Position: 295523 - DComd LF MP Gp / DLFPM/DComd LF MP Gp / DLFPM
- Phone: 971-7243
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Experience with the MP Branch and/or emergency services procurements requirement considered an asset