Competition Closing Date: 12-FEB-2018
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - DGIMO - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 101 Goldenrod Drive, Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa, ON)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- DGIMO has a Class B Temporary for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 16-OCT-2017 until 14-OCT-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service, Canadian Rangers.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
MAJ/LCDR willing to relinquish and LT/ENS 1 qualified for promotion to CAPT/SL(N) may apply but only be considered should no candidate at the CAPT/SL(N) rank apply and be found suitable.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- i. Experience as a Unit Log O or Adjt
ii. Strong verbal and written communication skills;
iii. Excellent interpersonal skills;
iv. Self-starter who can work under pressure;
v. Strong knowledge of MS Office software suite (Excel, Word, PPT);
vi. Knowledge of DRMIS;
vii. Ability to carry out assigned tasks with a min of supervision
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. Experience in procurement/contracting
b. Experience working as a Unit Security Supervisor (USS)
- Basic description of duties: a. Assist with budget management and quarterly returns to L2 Comptroller
b. Assist and Prepare annual Business Plan
c. Review and prepare procurement contracts
d. Represent L3 as the Information Management Officer (IMO)
e. Supervise Admin/Finance Section
f. Manage fiscal Year-End process
g. Review documents for Director's pervue
h. Support managers with their staffing requirements
i. Vet and coordinate Access to Information (ATI) requests
j. Read and be aware of USS responsibilities as set out in NDSOD and SJS Security Directive.
k. Provide advise to section heads on travel policy, financial delegations of authority, procurement, administration, etc
l. Input and manage compiled information in Excel/Monitor Mass.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. Move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Barker , Erin Stacey
- Position: 047036 - FINANCE OFFICER/FINANCE OFFICER
- Phone: 613-990-7811
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: a. Please include a short two-page CV that highlight skills, qualifications, training and experience that meet the demands and responsibilities of the position (recent experience and/or knowledge is defined as within 2 years);
b. Please provide an MPRR;
c. Start date is flexible (to the right) if it needs to be amended, this will be determined as soon as possible once candidate is selected.