Competition Closing Date: 08-SEP-2017
From: 408 Tac Hel Sqn
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - 408 Tac Hel Sqn - PO BOX 10500 STN FORCES, EDMONTON, AB, T5J 4J5, CA (Actual Employment Location: Garrison Edmonton 408 THS)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-15 Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes
G. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-17 Promotion - Air Reserve
- 408 Tac Hel Sqn has a Class B Permanent for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 00375-01-HRA to commence on 11-SEP-2017 until 10-SEP-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Regular Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Canadian Rangers, Cadet Org and Trg Service.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
MCpl, eligible for promotion and WO, willing to relinquish rank, may apply.
- MOS ID: 00375-01-HRA
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Familiarity with Tac Hel field operations an asset;
B. Human Resources background;
C. Comprehensive knowledge of RPSR, CFPAS , Claims-X.
D. HRMS Foundation
E. Familiarity with staff procedures & detailed knowledge of the MS Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PPT) required.
- Basic description of duties: The position of Air Reserve Chief Clerk provides admin and pay support and guidance to the OC AR Flt and all Res mbrs within the Unit, & is responsible for the execution and oversight of daily admin and pay related procedures associated with Reserve employment. The incumbent provides the liaison via C of C to HHQ (1 Wg and D Air Res) on all matters related to Reserve employment & pay issues/reporting. The I/C supervises, advises, mentors and leads their subordinate, and prepares PDRs/PERs as reqr.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: Should more than one identical most suitable candidate be identified by the selection board, consideration will be given to the candidate residing in the local geographical area of Edmonton. Move of DHG and E may be considered with approval of DCBA IAW ref D.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj King , John
- Position: 050904 - FLT COMD/FLT COMD
- Phone: 528-4505
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE IN ACCORDANCE WITH REF F AND THE FOLLOWING PRIORITIZATION SHALL BE USED:
(1). AIR RESERVISTS, AIR DEU PRES AND AIR DEU REG FORCE PERS AT THE SUBSTANTIVE RANK OF THE POSN; AIR RESERVISTS AND AIR DEU PRES PERS ONE RANK BELOW THE RANK OF THE POSN, WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR IMMEDIATE PROMOTION
(2). REG FORCE PERS, OTHER PRES PERS, MEMBERS OF THE COATS, CANADIAN RANGERS AND SUPP RES AT THE SUBSTANTIVE RANK OF THE POSN WILLING TO TRANSFER TO THE AIR RES AND CHANGE ENVIRONMENTAL AFFILIATION IF SELECTED
(3). PRES OR REG F PERS OVER-RANKED BY ONE RANK, WILLING TO PERMANENTLY RELINQUISH THEIR RANK, SHALL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IN THOSE EXCEPTIONAL CASES WHERE NO QUALIFIED CATEGROY A OR B CANDIDATE IS AVAIL, AND
(4). CIVILIAN APPLICANTS, INCLUDING FORMER CAF MBRS;
B. SELECTION THROUGH THE AFO 5006-15 PROCESS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE APPROVAL FOR PROMOTION. PROMOTIONS MUST BE REQUESTED AND APPROVED BY THE APPROPRIATE CHAIN OF COMMAND
C. INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST FORWARD A COPY OF THEIR CURRENT MPRR, PERSONAL RESUME AND COVERING LETTER, DESCRIBING THEIR QUALS AND EXPERIENCE IAW REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE, SUBMISSION SHOULD BE MADE VIA REO PROGRAM BUT WILL ALSO BE ACCEPTED VIA MAIL, EMAIL OR FAX TO WARRANT OFFICER WAYNE SPIERS NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS FROM PUBLISHING DATE OF OPPORTUNITY. APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFO IF MORE UP TO DATE THAN THE MPRR:
(1) CURRENT ESTABLISHMENT POSN NUMBER, PARENT UNIT AND UIC;
(2) DATE OF PROMOTION TO CURRENT RANK
(3) SECUR CL LEVEL AND DATE;
(4) FORCE TEST COMPLETION DATE (OR DATE SCHED TO BE TESTED);
(5) LINGUISTIC ABILITIES AND (IF AVAIL) TESTING DATES;
(6) CONFIRMATION OF WHETHER OR NOT THE MBR IS IN RECEIPT OF A PENSION UNDER THE CFSA ATTRIBUTABLE TO REG OR RES F SVC;
(7) DATE AND CATEGORY OF LAST MEDICAL AND ANY MEDICAL EMPLOYMENT LIMITATIONS;
(8) COVERING LETTER DESCRIBING QUALS AND EXPERIENCE IAW REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE;
(9) ANY OTHER PERTINENT INFO THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BY THE EMPLOYER (IE PERSONAL LIMITATIONS AFFECTING SERVICE PERFORMANCE
(10) NOMINEES WORK AND HOME NUMBER; AND
(11) MINIMUM TWO REFERENCES.
E. FOR MORE INFO INCLUDING A COPY OF THE TOA CONTACT, WO SPIERS, AT 780-973-4011 EXT 4422 (CSN 528-4422).