Competition Closing Date: 26-JAN-2018
From: JTFW HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - JTFW HQ - PO BOX 10500 STN FORCES, EDMONTON, AB, T5J 4J5, CA (Actual Employment Location: 3 Cdn Div HQ - CFB Edmonton
700 Vimy Avenue)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- JTFW HQ has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 11-NOV-2017 until 10-NOV-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
RANK MAJ/LCDR: MBRS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO MAJ/LCDR AND LCOL/CDR WHO ARE WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK CAN APPLY, BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED MAJ/LCDR IS AVAILABLE.
CAPT/LT(N) MAY BE CONSIDERED ONLY IF CANDIDATES AT THE RANK OF MAJ/LCDR OR CAPT/LT(N) QUALIFIED FOR PROMOTION ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Experience working at L2 or L3 HQ within the last three years;
B. CAF, DND or Government of Canada Contracting Experience within the last five years;
C. Experience in planning detailed and complex support operations;
D. Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with organizations external to JTF(W) / 3 Cdn Div (CA HQ, CJOC HQ, PWGSC, ADM(Mat);
E. Proficiency with the MS Office software suite;
F. Be an example for all members of the unit;
G. Instill a high standard for military ethics and ethos;
H. Contracting courses completed and currently valid to include: Basic Procurement, Contracting Direct With Trade (CDWT), Bid Evaluation and Selection Methodologies, Expenditure Management Course (EMC) and Green Procurement, as a minimum;
- Basic description of duties: A. provide contracting advice, oversight, and where required execution, in support of domestic operations, training, force generation and mounting activities within JTF (W) /3 Cdn Div;
B. liaise with CJOC, CA HQ and JTF(W)/3 Cdn Div staff to resolve contracting matters related to supporting ongoing operations,exercises, activities and tasks;
C. provide advice, oversight and guidance in the planning and formalization of support agreements for JTF(W)/3 Cdn Div activities with allied nations, both in Canada and abroad;
D. be prepared and available to travel outside the geographical area for working groups, planning conferences, training or other requirements as required;
E. liaise with J/G3, J/G5 and J/G4 staff in the planning/coordination of contingency plans to upcoming operations, exercises, activities and tasks;
F. provide guidance and advice to subordinate formation staff to support their sustainment and contracting plans;
G. provide oversight on JTF(W)/3 Cdn Div contracting activities to ensure compliance to contracting policy;
H. draft orders, instructions and briefing notes as required to provide direction and advice to formations and higher headquarters, particularly in relation to the proper execution of contracts; and
I. analyze, solve and anticipate problems under time, cost and human resource constraints.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCdr Brisseau , Michael
- Position: 311855 - J3 MARITIME ADVISOR/J3 MARITIME ADVISOR
- Phone: 528-8291
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.