Competition Closing Date: 27-SEP-2017
From: RPOU (Atlantic)
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - RPOU (Atlantic) - PO BOX 99000 STN FORCES, HALIFAX, NS, B3K 5X5, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- RPOU (Atlantic) has a Class B Temporary for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 02-OCT-2017 until 31-OCT-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: - Perform duties and tasks of Adjutant.
- Lead by example, integrity and presence.
- Promote subordinates welfare while balancing needs of the service. Enforce high standard of good order and discipline.
- Encourage cohesiveness and actively promote unity with RPOU(A).
- Actively participate and provide contributions in the development of change initiatives.
- Keep Command fully informed of all pertinent RPOU(A) matters within the functional sphere of responsibility of the administration office.
- Effect necessary liaison with appropriate stakeholders to progress RPOU(A) admin and logistics deliverables, initiatives and to resolve issues.
- Be well versed in military writing and staff work procedures, ensuring quality written work is produced when drafting all forms of military correspondence.
- Critically review all forms of military writing being submitted to Command, including but not limited to all reports and returns, PERs, letters, memos, and messages ensuring they free of grammatical and/or spelling errors and ensuring the documents are clear, concise and complete.
- Develop effective channels of communication with appropriate stakeholders. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all RPOU(A) sub-unit command teams and principle persons within your functional sphere of responsibility.
- Make informed well thought out professional, moral and ethical decisions within appropriate authority. Recognize decisions which require or do not require approval from higher authority and seek council when appropriate.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of RPOU(A) instructions and lead RPOU(A) initiatives within your functional sphere of responsibility.
- Assist external agencies when required.
- Prepare hospitality and event requests when required.
- Ensure an effective, timely and accurate SLOC verification process.
- Be dependable, consistent, accurate, timely and prepared.
- Carryout secondary duties: Unit Harassment Advisor, HR coordinator, Unit Fund Treasurer and supervise IT/IM staff.
- Encourage team work
- Prepare well researched capability plans and quarterly updates.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Power , Madison Alexandria
- Position: 816828 - ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK/ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK
- Phone: 722-4920
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Lt(N) Jennifer Carter will be the OPI for filling this position.