Competition Closing Date: 27-OCT-2017
From: 408 Tac Hel Sqn
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - 408 Tac Hel Sqn - PO BOX 10500 STN FORCES, EDMONTON, AB, T5J 4J5, CA (Actual Employment Location: Edmonton)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- 408 Tac Hel Sqn has a Class A for a Pte/Cpl MOS ID/Occupation 00164-01-COOK to commence on 28-JUL-2017 until 23-JUL-2037. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Pte/Cpl
MCpl willing to permanently relinquish their rank may apply.
- MOS ID: 00164-01-COOK
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. COOK QL3 
2. 861 COOK QL5A 
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: The position of Cook exists as part of OC Adm Sp Flt. This position is responsible to ration support.
(AC) Cook is responsible to 2 IC Cook and NCO IC Cook.
Cook has teh following:
(SE) Maintaining high standards in the quality of food prepared and in the cleanliness of the kitchen;
(SE) Ensuring all equipment is safe and in good working condition;
(SE) Checking the production control chart for the meals scheduled for the day;
(SE) Preparing, serving and storing of leftovers of all food stuffs;
(SE) Ensuring all food stuffs are of good quality and cleaned properly before use;
(SE) Supervising the disposal of food stuffs conditioned as unusable;
(SE) Driving the kitchen truck with trailer and carrying out all required driver maintenance;
(SE) Ensuring the truck and trailer are serviceable at all times;
(SE) Assisting MCPL with rations;
(SE) Preparing and serving official mess dinnerse, luncheons, and BBQs;
(SE) Comply fully with Unit Safety Procedures as detailed in USO Chap 7;
(SE) Maintaining a clean and tidy work area; and
(SE) Performing other duties assigned by the NCO IC Cooks.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj King , John
- Position: 050904 - FLT COMD/FLT COMD
- Phone: 526-4505
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. SHOULD MORE THAN ONE IDENTICAL MOST SUITABLE CANDIDATE BE IDENTIFIED BY THE SELECTION BOARD, CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO THE CANDIDATE RESIDING IN THE LOCAL GEOGRAPHICAL AREA OF EDMONTON; B. SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE IAW REF D AND THE FOL PRIORITIZATION SHALL BE USED: (A). AIR RESERVISTS, AIR DEU PRES AND AIR DEU REG FORCE PERS AT THE SUBSTANTIVE RANK OF THE POSN; AIR RESERVISTS AND AIR DEU PRES PERS ONE RANK BELOW THE RANK OF THE POSN, WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR IMMEDIATE PROMOTION (B). REG FORCE PERS, OTHER PRES PERS, MEMBERS OF THE COATS, CANADIAN RANGERS AND SUPP RES AT THE SUBSTANTIVE RANK OF THE POSN WILLING TO TRANSFER TO THE AIR RES AND CHANGE ENVIRONMENTAL AFFILIATION IF SELECTED (C). PRES OR REG F PERS OVER-RANKED BY ONE RANK, WILLING TO PERMANENTLY RELINQUISH THEIR RANK, SHALL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IN THOSE EXCEPTIONAL CASES WHERE NO QUALIFIED CATEGROY A OR B CANDIDATE IS AVAIL, AND (D). CIVILIAN APPLICANTS, INCLUDING FORMER CAF MBRS; C. EMPLOYMENT IS FOR THREE YEARS WITH A POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION; D. INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST FWD A CURRENT MPRR ALONG WITH A RESUME DESCRIBING QUALS AND EXPERIENCE IAW REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE. SUBMISSION MAY BE MADE VIA REO, EMAIL, OR FAX TO HIRING OPI AND MUST INCLUDE THE FOL INFO (IF MORE CURRENT THAN MPRR) WHICH WILL FORM THE PRIMARY SCREENING CRITERIA: (1) CURRENT ESTABLISHMENT (QUOTE PEOPLESOFT UNQUOTE) POSN NUMBER, PARENT UNIT AND UIC; (2) DATE OF PROMOTION TO CURRENT RANK (3) SECUR CL LEVEL AND DATE; (4) FORCE TEST COMPLETION DATE (OR DATE SCHED TO BE TESTED); (5) LINGUISTIC ABILITIES AND (IF AVAIL) TESTING DATES; (6) CONFIRMATION OF WHETHER OR NOTE THE MBR IS IN RECEIPT OF A PENSION UNDER THE CFSA ATTRIBUTABLE TO REG OR RES F SVC; (7) DATE AND CATEGORY OF LAST MEDICAL AND ANY MEDICAL EMPLOYMENT LIMITATIONS; (8) COVERING LETTER DESCRIBING QUALS AND EXPERIENCE IAW REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE; (9) ANY OTHER PERTINENT INFO THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BY THE EMPLOYER (IE PERSONAL LIMITATIONS AFFECTING SERVICE PERFORMANCE (10) NOMINEES WORK AND HOME NUMBER; AND (11) MINIMUM TWO REFERENCES. E. FOR FURTHER INFO, INCLUDING A COPY OF THE TOAs, CONTACT THE HIRING OPI, WO SPIERS, AT 780-973-4011 EXT 4422 (CSN 528-4422).