Competition Closing Date: 26-SEP-2017
From: CFJOSG HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CFJOSG HQ - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, KINGSTON, ON, K7K 7B4, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CFJOSG HQ has a Class B Permanent for a MWO/MWO MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 01-AUG-2017 until 31-JUL-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MWO/MWO
MBRS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO MWO/CPO2 MAY APPLY, BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED MWO/CPO2 IS AVAILABLE. CWO/CPO1 WHO ARE WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK CAN APPLY, BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED MWO/CPO2 IS AVAILABLE.
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- THE FOLLOWING ARE ASSETS - LACK OF THESE QUAL WILL NOT RESULT IN A MEMBER BEING SCREENED OUT.
A. JSOP COURSE
B. DEPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
FAILURE TO CONFIRM POSSESSION OF THE FOLLOWING WILL RESULT IN APPLICATION BEING SCREENED OUT: PHYSICALLY FIT IAW THE FORCE TEST.
- Basic description of duties: GENERAL TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. As part of the J5 planning team, develop comprehensive plans and solutions in support of CAF operations and exercises both nationally and internationally. Maintain an extensive knowledge base of all Joint Support doctrine and contribute to the development of new SOPs, guides, manuals, orders and briefings as required. Provide guidance, advice, opinions and recommendations to other CFJOSG branches and formation units as required. Be prepared to deploy, in support of foreign and domestic exercises and operations, for extended periods of time and/or on short notice.
PRIMARY DUTIES / TASKS
1. Assist with developing draft and published plans including CONPLANS for the following types of deployed operations: Humanitarian Operations and Disaster Response (HODR), Non-Combatant Evacuation Operations (NEO), Theatre Activation (TA), Theatre De-activation (TDA), Operational Support Hubs (OSH), Third Location Decompression (TLD), Intermediate Staging Teams (IST) and Joint Task Force Support Component (JTFSC).
2. Provide trade specific, expert advice and guidance to both CFJOSG branches and formation sub-units as required.
3. Attend selected meetings/working groups as the CFJOSG representative. In addition, be responsible for the preparation of CFJOSG reports to such working groups (WGs) as required and as directed by Commander CFJOSG. Be prepared to provide briefings and presentations as required.
4. Attend various WGs, conferences and planning sessions and provide expert advice with regards to support to both deployed and domestic operations and exercises. Provide opinions and recommendations on development of or modifications to support doctrine and J5 standard operating procedures (SOPs).
5. Develop and maintain knowledge of both the J5 planning cycle and Operational Planning Process (OPP) decision making cycle.
6. Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise on the Sharepoint information management platform.
7. Achieve and maintain the Personnel Readiness Verification (PRV) Level as required for deployment.
8. Be prepared to deploy on exercises, taskings, recces and operations as directed by the J5. Prepare and submit recce reports, operations orders and draft plans as required.
9. Achieve and maintain the fitness standard for both the FORCE Test and Land Force Command Physical Fitness Standard (LFCPFS).
10. Be willing to travel periodically on short notice and/or for extended periods of time.
11. Be proficient with Canadian Forces Defence Wide Area Network based applications including Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
12. Develop and maintain a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
13. Perform other general and administrative duties as assigned by the J5.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Wood , Michael
- Position: M101302161 - DCO/DCO
- Phone: 271-2502
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: NOTES:
A. DURATION: THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION. EMPLOYMENT IS FOR 3 YEARS, WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION OR RENEWAL.
B. PLEASE ATTACH THE FOLLOWING:
- COVERING LETTER
- PERS RESUME OUTLINING SUITABILITY FOR POSN
- THREE PERSONAL REFERENCES WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, PREFERABLY FORMER OR CURRENT EMPLOYERS/ SUPERVISORS