Competition Closing Date: 06-DEC-2017
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - COS(MAT) - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- COS(MAT) has a Class B Temporary for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 21-JUL-2017 until 16-JUL-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
Mbrs eligible for promotion to Lt(N)/Capt and LCdr/Maj who are willing to relinquish their rank can apply but will only be considered if no qualified Lt(N)/Capt is available. LCdr/Maj may be considered only if candidates at the rank of Lt(N)/Capt qualified for promotion are not available.
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Top Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- Familiar and capable to work with Microsoft Series Applications;
Demonstrated ability to work well with others in accomplishing organizational goals;
Proficiency in verbal and written communication as well as staff duties; and
Experience in analysis of requirements, document writing, conduct of briefings to senior leadership and liaising with appropriate stakeholders.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: A. Perform role of Mat Gp J1-2(Mil Pers Management);
B. Manage the mat Gp O&E for civilian and military positions;
C. Provide consistent and reliable advice to Snr Management on sensitive files such as grievances, SI's and BOI's, MP Reports as required;
D. Manage the coordination, reporting and promotion of mat Gp H&R program and initiatives; and
E. General Mil HR functions such as reviewing MGIs, monitoring CFTPO tasking for the Gp, producing Mat Gp Performance Mgt Instr, providing guidance WRT CFPAS policy and Ranking Boards and providing input into L1 Mat Gp HR plan.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Mullen , Lawrence
- Position: 045943 - HRPC SO/HRPC SO
- Phone: 995-0744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Priority will be given to Res F component/sub-component in the order listed at para 1, then Reg F; B. Mbrs of COATS or CdR may be considered if PRes or Reg F MOSID qualified and if selected would be required to request a sub-component transfer to another Res F component/sub-component; C. Dates are approximate; D. Application Process: applications must include a comprehensive cover letter and personal resume detailing background qualifications, experience and suitability for the position, as well as the names and contact information of two references; E. Please attach a signed, up to date MPRR; and F. Questions in regard to job description can be directed to Russ Mullen at 613-995-0744, or CSN 995-0744 or e-mail Russ.Mullen@forces.gc.ca.