Competition Closing Date: 14-JUL-2017
From: CFB Comox
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CFB Comox - PO BOX 1000 STN MAIN, LAZO, BC, V0R 2K0, CA (Actual Employment Location: Wing Foods)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-15 Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes
G. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-17 Promotion - Air Reserve
- CFB Comox has a Class A for a MCpl/MCpl MOS ID/Occupation 00164-01-COOK to commence on 15-JUL-2017 until 14-JAN-2025. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MCpl/MCpl
Sgts willing to permanently relinquish their rank or Air Reserve Cpls eligible for immediate promotion will be considered; Cpls not eligible for promotion may also apply but preference will be given to MCpls.
- MOS ID: 00164-01-COOK
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. COOK 861 QL5A REG AND AIR RES 
- Course Remarks:
- Or civilian equivalent Red Seal; and/or Experience in institutional cooking.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. 3000 hrs min experience in institutional cooking;
b. Current First Aid;
c. Current WHIMIS training;
d. Banquet, VIP service and presentation experience;
e. Second language ability.
- Basic description of duties: The food services Cook will be responsible for consistent and appropriate application of menu's, meals and food service to all customer types. The food services Cook will accomplish this by performing duties associated with shift cook and I/C shift employment.
a. Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: WO St-Laurent , Hugo
- Position: 010880 - D/WFSvcs Officer/D/WFSvcs Officer
- Phone: 252-7996
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Former members of the Reg F and former or current members of the Res F in receipt of an annuity from CFSA who wish to serve on a period of continuous full time reserve service shall be subject to the annuitant reserve service policy outlined at CMP Instr 20/04 para 2.13 as well as refs I and J. CF members should consult with the Director Canadian Forces Pension Services (DCFPS) prior to making any decision or election in order to fully understand the potential implications resulting from the Res Svc.
Interested candidates must forward a signed copy of their MPRR, personal resume and covering letter describing their qualifications and experience IAW the requirements listed in paras 2 and 3. Applications must include the following info:
a. current establishment position number, parent unit and UIC;
b. date of promotion to current rank;
c. security clearance level and date;
d. linguistic abilities and, if available, testing dates;
e. date and category of last medical and any medical employment limitations;
f. Force FIT completion date or date scheduled to be tested;
g. confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to Regular Force or Reserve Force service;
h. any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc);
i. nominees work and home phone number; and
j. two references and associated contact information.
Applications to be forwarded to;
a. email: email@example.com
b. regular mail:
Reserve Employment Opportunity-Class A-WFoods-Cook
19 Air Reserve Flight
19 Wing Comox
PO Box 1000 Stn Main
Lazo BC V0R 2K0