Competition Closing Date: 15-SEP-2017
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CFNOC - CANADIAN FORCES STATION LEITRIM 3545 LEITRIM RD, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K4, CA (Actual Employment Location: Ottawa, ON)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CFNOC has a Class B Permanent for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 17-JUL-2017 until 16-JUL-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
WO / PO1 willing to relinquish their rank, MCPL / MS qualified for promotion or willing to become qualified within one year of start of class of svc may apply but will only be considered should no candidate at the indicated rank apply or be found
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- A. Must be able to demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge on TKT and during an employment interview; and
B. DND 404.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, networking fundamentals and network security;
B. Ability to demonstrate experience in computer system and network administration;
C. Ability to demonstrate experience in computer system and network security;
D. Ability to demonstrate experience with working in a Linux/Unix and Windows environment;
E. Ability to demonstrate experience in the operation, administration and security of MS Windows, Unix/Linux, servers (various) and networking technologies;
F. Working knowledge of various programming and scripting languages, at a minimum Bash, Windows batch scripting, and one of C, Python, C++ or Java; and
G. Knowledge of various network and security tools, including IP360, Nessus, BackTrack/Kali Linux, Nexpose, OpenVAS, Retina, MS Baseline Security Analyzer, NMap, Nikto, etc.
- Basic description of duties: A. Respond to cyber incidents throughout the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Forces;
B. Supervise subordinates and maintain discipline within the detachment;
C. As Recce Tp Det (Ottawa) Comd, respond to direction of the Reconnaissance Troop Officer and Warrant Officer for daily duties;
D. Lead and supervise Det 2I/C in conduct network evaluations as per SOPs;
E. Maintain a high level of skill/knowledge as required by your Terms of Reference; conduct trade, leadership and cyber training required for career progression; and be self-motivating in seeking other professional development opportunities to enhance the Det's skills and training;
F. Prepare and deliver on request instructional and security materials to DND/CF members and other IS/IT personnel as required;
G. Maintain liaison with appropriate personnel in internal/external agencies regarding Recce Tp Tasks and Ops;
H. Generate and quality control required task and training related reports and returns for submission to the Recce Tp HQ;
I. Work with the Det (Ottawa) 2I/C, Recce Tp HQ and other Dets in developing plans and proper allocation of resources to fulfill tasks and training related activities;
J. Assist the other Det I/Cs and Recce Tp HQ in the development/assessment of new tools/technology to perform troop related tasks and training; and
K. Other duties outlined by the CoC.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Lt Wong , Chaka Kwan Shek
- Position: M101270530 - FORENSICS OFFICER/FORENSICS OFFICER
- Phone: 613-945-6455 ext 6062
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Must be able to DAG green within 30 days and must be deployable anywhere in the world or in Canada on short notice;
B. Security clearance must be upgradeable to Top Secret special access within 1 year at latest;
C. Must successfully complete threshold knowledge test;
D. Must conduct an employment interview; and
E. Mbr will be eligible for a contract extension upon successful completion of one (1) year in position.