Competition Closing Date: 24-NOV-2017
From: CF MP Gp HQ
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - CF MP Gp HQ - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: Startop)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CF MP Gp HQ has a Class B Temporary for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 00214-01-MPO to commence on 08-JUL-2017 until 19-JAN-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
Applicants one rank lower may be considered for this position.
- MOS ID: 00214-01-MPO
other trades will be considered should no MPO apply.
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Top Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Secondary duties are to provide input into the MP Svcs Gp Op plan and historical report; perform duty officer duties on a rotational basis; attend CJOC briefings and meetings as required on behalf of Commander in his/her absence; and be prepared to perform other duties within the organization as directed.
- Basic description of duties: The MP Svcs Gp J35/37 primary duties are to develop and produce, in cooperation with the other CJOC J35/37 members, contingency plans and "MP" paras/annexes for review and correction to each of the mission types (CONOPS - concept of Operations); supervise J35-2 in the production and maintenance of contingency plans; produce operational planning process staff work and present these products to the Commander for review and comment; review all draft plans coming from higher and adjacent HQs and prepare Commander's comments; liaise with J7 and J3 and participate in the coordination of training and current operations planning; participate in J35/37 contingency plan test exercises and contribute to the "lessons learned" process; represent the PM at operational planning groups and meetings; travel as required to any destination during the course of their duties; and perform all other duties, including secondary duty appointments, as assigned by the Commander; and able to independently produce high quality military writing (orders, annexes, briefing notes, internal/external letters, reports and returns). Experience as sub-unit Commander and have been on at least one deployment.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Vouligny , Stephane
- Position: M101279774 - PRINCIPAL (047847)/PRINCIPAL (047847)
- Phone: 613/971-7243
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Current PT Test, knowledge and understanding of Operational Planning Process, Force Protection doctrine, UOF in CF operations and rules of engagement, operational experience (deployment and/or domestic task forces preferred) able to accommodate short notice changes to work hours, work extended hours, work weekends and travel abroad.