Competition Closing Date: 10-JUL-2017
From: Central Band
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - Central Band - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- Central Band has a Class B Temporary for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 00166-01-MUSCN to commence on 02-JUL-2017 until 21-OCT-2017. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
- MOS ID: 00166-01-MUSCN
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Reliability Status
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: THE POS OF MUSCN EUPHONIUM/TROMBONE REQUIRES THAT THE MEMBER BE AVAILABLE FOR CLASS B EMPLOYMENT (PATA/MATA) WITH THE CENTRAL BAND IN REHEARSAL AND IN PERFORMANCE, ON AN ONGOING BASIS. INDIVIDUAL ENGAGEMENTS TO INCLUDE ANY OF WHICH THE CENTRAL BAND IS INVOLVED, OFTEN ENTAILING IRREGULAR HOURS AND SCHEDULING.
POSITION SPECIFICTAIONS REQ TO PERFORM EUPHONIUM/TROMBONE DUTIES WITH THE CENTRAL BAND. MUSCN EUPHONIUM/TROMBONE IS ACCOUNTABLE TO THE CO OF THE CENTRAL BAND FOR THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS:
A. TO REHEARSE AND PERFORM WITH THE CENTRAL BAND AS REQUIRED
B. LIAISE WITH THE CENTRAL BAND LOW BRASS SECTION LEADER TO ASCERTAIN REQUIREMENTS AND SCHEDULING
C. MAINTAIN UNIFORM AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE IWA REGS
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Sgt Bilodeau , Annie
- Position: 026360 - SUPR MUSCN/SUPR MUSCN
- Phone: 613-991-2115
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: ALL MEMBERS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
A. AUDITION: CD/TAPE OF APPLICANT PERFORMING TWO SOLO PIECES FOR TROMBONE OR TWO OF EUPHONIUM FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST:
Morceau symphonique - Alexandre Guilmant
Sonata no 5 (All movements) - Galliard
Sonatine for trombone and piano - Jacques Casterede (2nd Movement only)
1) Euphonium Concerto -Horovitz - 1st Mvt
2) Cavatine -Saint-Saens
3) Melodious Etudes for Trombone, #53 -Bordogni/Rochut
MEMBERS HAVE TO PROVIDE A MPRR. IF MPRR IS NOT ACCURATE THEN PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. DATE AND CATEGORY OF LAST MEDICAL AND ANY MEDICAL LIMITATIONS
2. FORCE TEST PROGRAM RESULTS AND COMPLETION DATE
3. BRIEF RESUME PROVIDING THE SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WHICH MAKE YOU SUITABLE FOR THIS POSITION AND TO INCLUDE:
1. SVC NUMBER,
2. PERSONAL COORDINATES I.E HOME ADDRESS, CONTACT TEL NUMBERS, AND
3. CONTACT INFO FOR AT LEAST TWO REFERENCES.