Competition Closing Date: 25-OCT-2017
From: 402 Sqn
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - 402 Sqn - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, WINNIPEG, MB, R3J 3Y5, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. AFO 5006-15 - Air Reserve Selection Process
G. AFO 5006-17 - Air Reserve Promotion Policy
- 402 Sqn has a Class B Permanent for a Pte/Cpl MOS ID/Occupation 00135-01-AVN TECH to commence on 03-JUL-2017 until 02-JUL-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Regular Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Pte/Cpl
MCPL WILLING TO PERMANENTLY RELINQUISH THEIR RANK TO CPL WILL BE CONSIDERED
- MOS ID: 00135-01-AVN TECH
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. Able to carry out (Dash 8) aircraft maintenance with minimum supervision on AVN systems components and subcomponents.
b. Basic knowledge of aircraft record keeping systems.
c. Basic knowledge of all regulations and directions WRT general and enviro safety and security.
d. Perform all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
e. Dash 8 specific training will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
- Basic description of duties: Aircraft Servicing & Maintenance Technician carries out aircraft aviation systems maintenance and servicing duties. Provides continuity between the Regular and Reserve Force crews for weekend and holiday maintenance activities.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: MWO Walsh , John
- Position: 130830 - AMRC/AMRC
- Phone: 204-833-2500 ext 4127
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: CANDIDATE SELECTION WILL BE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING ORDER:
A. AIR RESERVISTS, AIR DEU P RES & AIR DEU REG F PERS AT THE SUBSTANTIVE RANK OF THE POSITION; AIR RESERVISTS & AIR DEU P RES PERS ONE RANK BELOW THE RANK OF THE POSITION, WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR IMMEDIATE PROMOTION;
B. REG F PERS, OTHER P RES PERS, MEMBERS OF THE CADET ORGANIZATIONS ADMINISTRATION AND TRAINING SERVICE (COATS), CANADIAN RANGERS (CRR) AND SUPPLEMENTARY RESERVE (SUPP RES) AT THE SUBSTANTIVE RANK OF THE POSITION, WILLING TO TRANSFER TO THE AIR RESERVE AND CHANGE ENVIRONMENTAL AFFILIATION IF SELECTED;
C. P RES OR REG F PERS OVER-RANKED BY ONE RANK, WILLING TO PERMANENTLY RELINQUISH THEIR RANK, SHALL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IN THOSE EXCEPTIONAL CASES WHERE NO QUALIFIED CATEGORY A OR B CANDIDATE IS AVAILABLE; AND
D. CIVILIAN APPLICANTS, INCLUDING FORMER CAF MEMBERS.
SELECTION THROUGH THE AIR RESERVE EMPLOYMENT SELECTION PROCESS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE APPROVAL FOR PROMOTION. PROMOTIONS MUST BE REQUESTED AND APPROVED BY THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY.
E. APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE FOL INFO IF MORE UP TO DATE THAN THE MPRR WHICH WILL FORM THE PRIMARY SCREENING CRITERIA: CURRENT ESTABLISHMENT (QUOTE PEOPLESOFT UNQUOTE) POSN NUMBER, PARENT UNIT AND UIC; DATE OF PROMOTION TO CURRENT RANK;
SECUR CLEARANCE LEVEL AND DATE; CF FITNESS TEST COMPLETION DATE OR DATE SCHEDULED TO BE TESTED; AND LINGUISTIC ABILITIES AND, IF AVAIL, TESTING DATES.
DATE AND CATEGORY OF LAST MEDICAL AND ANY MEDICAL EMPLOYMENT LIMITATIONS
F. COVERING LETTER DESCRIBING MEMBERS QUALS AND EXPERIENCE IAW REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE
G. ANY OTHER PERTINENT INFO THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BY THE EMPLOYER (PERSONAL LIMITATIONS AFFECTING SERVICE PERFORMANCE, ETC)
H. MEMBERS WORK AND HOME PHONE #
I. CONTACT INFORMATION FOR REFERENCES