Competition Closing Date: 23-MAY-2017
From: C Air Force
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - C Air Force - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 101 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON, K2J 1Y8)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. AFO 5006-15 - Air Reserve Selection Process
G. AFO 5006-17 - Air Reserve Promotion Policy
- C Air Force has a Class B Permanent for a WO/WO MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 09-FEB-2017 until 07-FEB-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: WO/WO
SGT ELIGIBLE FOR IMMEDIATE PROMOTION AND MWO WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK TO WO WILL BE CONSIDERED
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
(1) Knowledge of Air Reserve administrative policies and procedures especially those related to recruiting, enrolment, establishments and vacancy management.
(2) Knowledge of Microsoft (MS) computer software suite most particularly MS Word and MS Access.
(3) Knowledge of the Security Systems SCPS as a Unit Security Supervisor (USS).
(4) Knowledge of Monitor Mass (MM) Reserve Employment Opportunities (REO) module.
- Basic description of duties: The AR Flt Ottawa Recruiter is responsible for the Transfer/enrolment processing of applicants to Air Reserve Flight Ottawa in support of operational, administrative and technical activities undertaken by Air Force clients in the National Capital Region, primarily in the Air Staff (AS) and also external clients, primarily the Canadian Forces Aerospatial Warfare Centre (CFAWC). The AR Flt Ottawa Recruiter assists the Flight commander (Flt Comd) with recruiting, establishment and vacancy management issues. Applicants may obtain further amplification/details of the position found on the terms of accountability (TOA) from the OPI listed in para 7 and/or by contacting AR Flt Comd, Maj Steve Dallaire, 613-995-7047.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member may live in service accommodation.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: WO Uhlik , Sara
- Position: 080138 - AR FLT OTT CHIEF CLERK/AR FLT OTT CHIEF CLERK
- Phone: 945-7660
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. This permanent Class B is for a period of three years and may be extended another three years;
B. Should more than one qualified candidate be found suitable by the selection board, preference will be given to the candidate residing in the local geographical area of the NCR;
C. Applicant must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s);
(2) A covering letter describing the quals and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
(3) Contact info for minimum two references.
D. Start date of contract is negotiable;
E. Language: English essential, bilingual an asset;
F. Selection process will be iaw Ref F and as stated in Ref F candidate selection will be based on the following order:
1. Air Reservists, Air DEU PRes & Air DEU Reg Force pers at the substantive rank of the position; Air Reservists & Air DEU PRes pers one rank below the rank of the position, who are eligible for immediate promotion;
2. Reg Force pers, other PRes pers, members of the Cadet Organizations Administration and Training Service (COATS), Canadian Rangers (CR) and Supplementary Reserve (Supp Res) at the substantive rank of the position, willing to transfer to the Air Reserve and change environmental affiliation if selected;
3. PRes or Reg Force pers over-ranked by one rank, willing to permanently relinquish their rank, shall only be considered in those exceptional cases where no qualified category a or b candidate is available; and
4.Civilian applicants, including former CAF members.
G. Selection through the Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be separately requested and approved by the appropriate authority; and
H. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nomination not processed through REO will be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.