Competition Closing Date: 23-MAY-2017
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CSOTC - PO BOX 9999 STN MAIN, PETAWAWA, ON, K8H 2X3, CA (Actual Employment Location: Petawawa)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CSOTC has a Class A for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 09-JAN-2017 until 08-JAN-2018. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- 1. Scope of Knowledge: Understanding of CANSOFCOM and the CAF recruiting system, basic understanding of virtual based platforms (web 2.0, social media tools), CAF Strategic Communications, and marketing.
2. Skills: Ability to manage personnel and coordination of visits and outreach programs. Research, analytical, evaluation and problem solving methods and skills to lead/conduct research related to new recruiting methodologies and platforms.
3. The tasks of the position require creativity, initiative and sound judgement.
4. The work is mainly carried out in an office environment, but there will be a requirement to travel across Canada to liaise with Regional stakeholders and conduct analysis on measures of effectiveness related to the Command recruiting and outreach programs.
5. Exposed to multiple concurrent demands, changing priorities and tight time frames inherent to managing and coordinating the Command recruiting and outreach efforts.
The work requires stamina and composure at all times. The position may require work beyond normal working hours, including travel and weekends.
Anticipate up to 3 days Class A per week with a maximum 180 days Class B surge (cumulative) within a year.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: 1. Lead the CANSOFCOM recruiting effort, the Recruiting Cadre and additional personnel attached as required.
2. Provide advice to CO CSOTC and unit recruiting representatives on recruiting methodologies, engagement plans, marketing/branding strategies, promotional products and virtual media platforms.
3. Develop overall Command recruiting strategy to ensure outreach is affecting the target demographic in the CAF for recruiting, and the public writ large for deep recruiting.
4. Research and develop background information on new and innovative recruiting and outreach methodologies which could affect the Command's current strategy and on reactions by major stakeholders, partners and target audience to changes in processes.
5. Conduct evaluations and produce reports on the achievement of Command recruiting and outreach objectives and on the efficiency and acceptance of current programming by major stakeholders.
6. Develop and control the pan-Command UNCLAS Imagery Database to ensure that there is a constant stock of still and video imagery for use in recruiting, virtual media platforms, Commander's presentations, etc.
7. Responsible for the development of a recruiting budget consisting of funds to enable temporary duty, wages, marketing products, virtual platforms and data collection.
8. Support CO CSOTC directed initiatives.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Sgt Manning , Erin
- Position: 396044 - ORDERLY ROOM I/C/ORDERLY ROOM I/C
- Phone: 613-687-5511 Ext: 4007
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Questions specific to the employment of reservists within CANSOFCOM may be directed to the Hiring OPI. Questions regarding the Class A opportunity, please contact LCol Chris Allen at email@example.com.
Please consult the following intranet site and click on the "CANSOFCOM Screening Process" for additional requirements under :
You are required to complete the forms included in the screening process (listed below) and include them in your screening file with:
(1) an updated copy of your MPRR;
(2) a copy of your current fitness test results; and
Once the file is complete, your unit must then forward your screening file to the hiring CANSOFCOM unit for further processing.
NOTE: Units are NOT to forward PERs files, UERs or Conduct Sheets to the hiring CANSOFCOM Unit.
- CANSOFCOM Application for Service (DND 2984)
(Defence Forms Catalogue (DFC)
- CANSOFCOM Training And Experience Resume,
2 April 2014 (PDF Version, 61 KB)
- Consent for Disclosure of Criminal Information (DND 2789)
(Defence Forms Catalogue (DFC)
- Complete the DND 2789 with your MP section.
Note: Once submitted you will not receive a copy of your CPIC results. These will be forwarded directly to the hiring CANSOFCOM unit.