Competition Closing Date: 10-APR-2017
From: C Air Force
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - C Air Force - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: NDHQ Ottawa, (Remote not considered/travail à distance non-considéré)
A. Chief Military Personnel (CMP) INSTR 20/04, Admin Policy of CL A, B and C RES SVC
B. CFAO 49-10 or CFAO 49-11 Enrolment NCMs or Officers
C. Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program (CFIRP)
D. Air Force Orders (AFO) 5006-15, Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes
E. Air Force Orders (AFO) 5006-17, Promotion Policy - Air Reserve
F. CANFORGEN 218/12 CMP 101/12 011212Z NOV 12, Canadian Forces Junior Officer Development (CFJOD) Programme
G. DAOD 5023-2 Physical Fitness Program
H. CANFORGEN 018/08 ADM FIN CS 001/08 232003Z JAN 08, Component Transfer - Effect on CFSA Pension Entitlement
I. A-MD-154-000/FB-00 APPENDIX 1 and 2, ANNEX E, Medical Standard for the CF
J. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z APR 12, Changes to admin of annuitants
K. C AIR FORCE 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z APR 12, Revised Hiring and Employ Practices annuitants
- C Air Force has a Class A for a WO/WO MOS ID/Occupation 90005-AIR TECH to commence on 27-DEC-2016 until 27-DEC-2016. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: WO/WO
THIS POSITION IS ESTABLISHED AT THE RANK OF WO. AIR RESERVIST & AIR DEU PRIMARY RESERVE APPLICANTS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO WO WILL BE CONSIDERED. APPLICANT AT THE RANK OF SGT WILL BE CONSIDERED IF NO SUITABLE WO OR AIR RESERVIST & AIR DEU PRIMARY RESERVE APPLICANTS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION OR PRES AND REG FORCE PERS OVER-RANKED BY ONE RANK WILLING TO PERMANENTLY RELIQUISH THEIR RANK.
- MOS ID: 90005-AIR TECH
AWS or AM SUP, AVN, AVS with Air Weapons Systems Technician background.
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
(1) Having qualifications in first line maintenance and/or second line maintenance on aircraft types operated by the RCAF;
(2) Broad knowledge of RCAF organizational structure, management, tool control and maintenance practices;
(3) Detailed knowledge of computers, word processing, spread sheets, reports, graphics and databases;
(4) Skilled in researching and analysing technical/maintenance information;
(5) Skilled in report writing and persuasive writing; and
(6) Team player.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
(1) Basic, Advanced or the newly Combined Flight Safety Course (Course Code AEVM or AEWD);
(2) Aerospace Armament - Engineering and Maintenance (Course Code: ADOT);
(3) Detailed knowledge of the RCAF Flight Safety (FS) Program;
(4) Basic knowledge of the Flight Safety Occurrence Management System (FSOMS) and the Airworthiness Program;
(5) Detailed knowledge of Air Weapon operations and its related safety programs;
(6) Having been employed or exposed to aircraft maintenance activities on the largest number of aircraft in use throughout the RCAF; and
(7) Having staff work experience (LCMM, Auditor, technical writing).
- Basic description of duties: The position of DFS 2-5-2-2 exists to provide maintenance expertise and technical assistance to the DFS 2-5 section in support of the RCAF Flight Safety Program. Applicants may obtain further amplification/details of the position found on Terms Of Accountability (TOA) from OPI listed in Para 7 and/or by contacting MWO Gary Lacoursiere, 613/996-8503.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: WO Uhlik , Sara
- Position: 080138 - AR FLT OTT CHIEF CLERK/AR FLT OTT CHIEF CLERK
- Phone: 945-7660
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. This employment will include approximately 12 days Class A per month and may be surge to Class B.
B. Should more than one qualified candidate be found suitable by the selection board, preference will be given to the candidate residing in the local geographical area of the NCR.
C. Applicant must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s).
(2) A covering letter describing the quals and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position.
(3) Contact info for minimum two references.
D. Start date of contract is negotiable.
E. End date of contract may be extended to the compulsory retirement age (CRA) of 60 years old of the selected applicant.
F. Language: English essential, bilingual an asset.
G. Selection process will be iaw Ref D.
H. Selection through the Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be separately requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
I. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nomination not processed through REO may be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.