Competition Closing Date: 10-APR-2017
From: C Air Force
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - C Air Force - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 1 Nicholas St. Ottawa, ON. (Remote not considered/Travail à distance non-considéré)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. IFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. AFO 5006-15 - Air Reserve Selection Process
G. AFO 5006-17 - Air Reserve Promotion Policy
- C Air Force has a Class A for a LCol/LCol MOS ID/Occupation 00002-01-Officer to commence on 14-APR-2017 until 13-APR-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: LCol/LCol
THIS POSITION IS ESTABLISHED AT THE RANK OF LCOL. AIR RESERVIST & AIR DEU PRIMARY RESERVE APPLICANTS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO LCOL WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- MOS ID: 00002-01-Officer
Air DEU only
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Unit Qualifications Remarks:
- CFCSC or a Master's Degree
Experience with Government procurement programs (equipment or services contract)
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
Experience as a Project Director or Project Manager in the DND procurement system.
Experience as an instructor or standards staff within a CAF training establishment.
Experience using the Defence Learning Network as a platform for courseware delivery (courseware development/ delivery/ update/ conduct/ other).
Experience with simulation systems for individual and collective training.
NDHQ staff experience or equivalent.
Experience with CAF Business Planning.
Knowledge of DLN software and systems.
Knowledge of the Canadian Forces Individual Training and Education System (CFITES).
Knowledge of the Aircrew Proficiency Levels.
- Basic description of duties: The incumbent shall serve as the Section Head within the Directorate of Air Simulation and Training (D Air Sim & Trg) responsible primarily to act as the RCAF manager and Technical Authority for legacy and future contracted training services. Simulation training services usually include Government-owned, Contractor-operated e-learning and simulation systems such as at the CC130J and CH147 Operational Training Units. Typically, ADM (Mat) retains responsibility for materiel management and support from the local Construction Engineering authority for infrastructure.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: MWO Donaldson , Annie
- Position: 175345 - AR FLT OTT D FLT COMD/TRG O/AR FLT OTT D FLT COMD/TRG O
- Phone: 613-983-1685
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. This employment will include approximately 12 days Class A per month and may be surge to Class B.
B. Should more than one qualified candidate be found suitable by the selection board, preference will be given to the candidate residing in the local geographical area of the NCR.
C. Applicant must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s).
(2) A covering letter describing the quals and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position.
(3) Contact info for minimum two references.
D. Start date of contract is negotiable.
E. End date of contract may be extended to the compulsory retirement age (CRA) of 60 years old of the selected applicant.
F. Language: English essential, bilingual an asset.
G. Selection process will be iaw Ref D.
H. Selection through the Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be separately requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
I. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nomination not processed through REO will be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.